Tank Crash

Nautical

• SRC Member

while in process of changing water, noted that chiller and main return pump not working when switched back on.

tested power supply on the same socket with other equipment to make sure there is power supply.

help help :cry2::cry2: i think all fishes will be dying soon by tomorrow morning

while in process of changing water, noted that chiller and main return pump not working when switched back on.

tested power supply on the same socket with other equipment to make sure there is power supply.

help help :cry2::cry2: i think all fishes will be dying soon by tomorrow morning

For time being...uses fan to blow direct on it till your chiller repaired lor :eyebrow: !

Btw, There will be no problem for fishes w/o chiller...as long temperature dun hit 30 degree la But not for corals hor :cry: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
For time being...uses fan to blow direct on it till your chiller repaired lor :eyebrow: !

Btw, There will be no problem for fishes w/o chiller...as long temperature dun hit 30 degree la But not for corals hor :cry: !

Thanks. Appears chiller may be working as it took a while for it to reset. However the problem is the failure of the main return pump. No water can be pumped from the sump tank up to the main tank.

Without Chiller its totally fine. But if main return failed den jux keep your wavemaker on will do. As long as there is water movement in the tank the fishes will not die. For me once the HDB people shut down the power for half a day to do lift maintenance, my fishes rose to the surface for air in 6 hours, so for the rest of the 6 hours i have to stir the water surface using the fish net every fifteen minutes to keep them alive. So u need to stay awake thru the night to make sure there's constant water movement den your fishes should be fine.

• SRC Member
Return pump failed?

Quickly get a new exact return pump if possible. This way no need to change piping or anything la.

Or post if anyone have the same pump.

main pump glued to pvc pipe in sump tank. this was done by the shop who set up tank for me some three or four years ago. i just don't know how to replace. the whole fitting is just a perfect fit and i just cannot move the pump out. if i use any force, it will be disaster for sure.

main pump glued to pvc pipe in sump tank. this was done by the shop who set up tank for me some three or four years ago. i just don't know how to replace. the whole fitting is just a perfect fit and i just cannot move the pump out. if i use any force, it will be disaster for sure.

Saw/cut the pipe that connected to the return pump if glued. Get another good pump and connect from the new pump to the returned pipe by using Soft hose(eheim).

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

u might wan to try some air pump 1st to ensure some circulation within the main tank, coz i used battery powered air pump, and i've got like 6 tangs in my 3 ft tank, and they were doing well for good 3-4 hrs.

good chance i may decomm tank.

any advice ?

alamak? why decomm becoz of return pump failure?? just buy new pump can liao.

why don't you share with us the setup, maybe we can all chip in little bit here, little bit there...

What pumps are u using currently? Is the chiller output returning to main tank? If it is, then it's not that bad (even if main return pump fails).

Btw, i've also got a PVC cutter - quite easy to use (like scissors).

most importantly, must have a new pump...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

if u think it will take abit of time to properly replace return pump..... run a temporal return pump.... put a pump in sump and connect with another hose all the way to main tank.. at least circulation will flow....

at least this buys u time to study best way to replace spoilt pump...