Close fren needs urgent help!

diabolus

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I'm really desperate to help my really close frens who are facing the toughest test of their marriage right now.

His wife(also my close fren) has had HDB & URA carpark summones, which resulted in Warrant of Arrests because they didn't pay the fines. This was because the family car was registered under her name.

They had been facing financial difficulties during that stage due to unemployment for both of them.

Right now, the Warrant Enforcement Unit(WEU) has visited their place twice and had told my fren that they will visit his wife's workplace to arrest her. Her bail amount was initially set @ $12.5k and had been negotiated to $10k. I have checked and double confirm with the WEU officer that the all he needs is a bailor who can present a savings account which shows the amount. The money will not be frozen. As of right now, he is still short of $8.5k which he needs to have it by tomorrow(noon)

He needs the money for only about 2 to 3 hours,just to bank into the account, and withdraw out after dat. he is willing to surrender his IC,passport,his wife's passport(IC is needed when she is at WEU) and his kids Birth Cert as a collateral for the loan.

I know its a long shot asking for help here, but I'm really left with no choice...

His wife is crying everyday...can't help feeling sorry for the kids too. Pls also refrain from posting any insensitive replies unless you have something constructive to add.

If there are any good samaritians out there who can lend a helping hand, pls kindly PM me. i will check my PM tomorrow morning and reply ASAP.

Thank you for reading.

I have checked and double confirm with the WEU officer that the all he needs is a bailor who can present a savings account which shows the amount. The money will not be frozen.

If this is the case...

any bros here with the money in their bankbooks will be able to help....

i am sure there are many bros here who can help, provided we know more of the

legal obligations of being a bailor in this particular case.

no need to transfer the money to your close friend right? :nc:

• SRC Member

If this is the case...

any bros here with the money in their bankbooks will be able to help....

i am sure there are many bros here who can help.

no need to transfer the money to your close friend right?

Im sure most reefers here will not be willing to be a bailor.(i dun recommend dat you do it too)

The bailor will need to show that he has the money in his bank book....main problem is he can't find someone who is willing to post bail for his wife who has this sum of money. But he did have someone who can bail her, so now looking for the cash.

:(

ok...

say if somehow someone out there manage to top up 8.5k for the bail amount,

how about the compounded fine? any idea how much is it?

gee...how did HDB & URA carpark summones end up in such a big mess. I hope reefers here learn from this lesson. Never ignore a court order for you to turn up in court.

From carpark fines to having an individual avoiding arrests, i think something has gone very wrong in between.

Hope your friend and his wife will get out of this situation by the act of a samaritan out there :(

• SRC Member

I ever heard of such cases too, the guy unwilling to pay the fine and go to court to appeal several times until it accumulated to 10k+ too. Think this inclusive of the admin fee and lawyer.

IMO, the bailer has to have that unwithdrawel amount in bank in order to bail her. If it is just a matter of few hours just to show proof of money in bank, then I feel that there's no reason to state the bail amount.

The money may still be able to withdraw, but the bailer will have to pay the fine in case the person didnt turn up in court.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member
say if somehow someone out there manage to top up 8.5k for the bail amount,

how about the compounded fine? any idea how much is it?

They have already work out an installment plan with HDB, each fine will be @ $250 instead of the $600-$800 if fine by the courts.

But for the HDB installment to take effect,they have to clear the warrants first. if she gets arrested,then the HDB installment will be null and void and she will have to pay watever the amt pass down by the judge. then its either she pay that amount of serve time in lieu. :(

IMO, the bailer has to have that unwithdrawel amount in bank in order to bail her. If it is just a matter of few hours just to show proof of money in bank, then I feel that there's no reason to state the bail amount.

I did check with the WEU officer, they just want someone to show that he/she has the amt in her bank. I'm also puzzled why they didn't not ask for 2 bailors with no need to show cash.

Basically,wat they need now is the cash,the bailor issue has been settled.

any good people out there can help with the loan for 2 to 3 hours?

Pls PM me with your contacts and i will get back to you ASAP.

thanks!

i guess if anyone here or anywhere wants to help, the helpful one would probably want to be a bailor than just parting away with his money even for a few minutes to a stranger's hands, let alone 2-3hrs...because as long as the money is in the bailor's bank, it is still essentially his money. Once out of his account, there is really no more guarantee.

Next is the risk this bailor has to take that he may have to forfeit this bail amount if the lady becomes uncontactable. But since like you said it is only a matter of 2-3 hrs, i think the prospective bailor just have to be physically around the wife or making sure the wife is in tempory custody to prevent her from vanishing into thin air, while the procedures are sorted out with the authorities......

that's why i think it's easier to find a person who is willing to show his bankbook as a bailor and allowing him line-of-sight to the lady for the 2-3 hrs rather than finding a person willing to transfer his money to a stranger for a few hours. Using personal documents these days aren't substantial collateral.

so probably it may help if you guys change the focus from (finding a person who would offer the money blindly) to (someone who would just show his bankbook as a bailor and is allowed to be where the lady is for the 2-3hrs mentioned.)

still got a few hours. hope the matter would be resolved by then for your friend and his wife.

• SRC Member
But Using personal documents these days aren't substantial collateral.

Is this legal to hold other people's IC and passport? It is not in some countries leave alone the value, new ones can always be issued if reported lost.

I find this a bit odd, I am sure some other reefers feels the same as well but do not want to comment. Issue like showing a bank book and handling over the cash and all in a rush. If this is serious enough, don't they have brother or sisters or their own family members to help out. afterall the amount is not very big, if all family members chipped in, the amount can be raised easily.

You are trying your best to help as a good friend but realistically raising money in a public forum like this will not be fruitful unless it is related to charity.

Anyway, I hope they can reolve their problems and they are lucky to have a great friend like you.

precisely,

as long as there are no legal papers pertaining to the borrowed/loan amount, having personal documents as collateral simply isn't substantial enough as guarantee for the lender. in fact, even legal papers can become worthless if the borrower does not honour the debt and declare insolvent.

like marineman has mentioned, all it takes is to report a loss and if the borrower indeed does not honour his debt, all the kind hearted lender possess are worthless papers/documents that are hardly worth the borrowed amount.

but well, hope diabolus will give us an update of what has happened or what will be happening.

• SRC Member

hi guys,

thanks for all your inputs.

I'm glad to say this case has been resolved.

The Officer at the WEU was very helpful and after listening to the situation, has decided to waive the bail amount needed. All that was needed was the bailor.

Marineman - The wife's parents are divorced and she do not keep in contact with her relatives. He is from malaysia, and even thou his family was willing to help, the amount is rather large considering the current exchange rate. Its certainly not a scam or watever, its totally out of desperation that i'm posting here. As indicated in my first post, i acknowledged that it was a long shot.

;)

• SRC Member
The wife's parents are divorced and she do not keep in contact with her relatives.

This is a lesson that we all should learn, family unity, think before you divorce if there is children involved, it's messy and the children being the innocent party, will be the most badly affected party.

I have seen history repeat itself, children from divorced parents also ended up divorced themselves.

Sorry to sidetrack, hope we all learn something here. Also don't get married if you are not ready eventhough your girlfriend is pregnant as marriage may not last and the child will be nobody's child with no parent interested to take custody. I am sure you have seen such situations before.

• SRC Member
Sorry to sidetrack, hope we all learn something here. Also don't get married if you are not ready eventhough your girlfriend is pregnant as marriage may not last and the child will be nobody's child with no parent interested to take custody. I am sure you have seen such situations before.

hhmmm...

i hope wat you said dun turn out to be true.

:lol: