My New Tank (5'x2'x27")

seamonkee

• SRC Member

Finally the carpenter is here today... so at least over chinese new year, I got to show off some live rocks to my relatives (during cycling)... :lol::D:lol:

Will update this thread to show the progression....

Keep a watch out and do give me ur advices along the way.... :)

post-34-1107226964.jpg

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

seamonkee,

i like the way you do the elbows for the leg supports. Why dont you apply that idea to all the racks? More surface area equals more stability.

Also, noticed the hood opening is really high. Do you intend to mount MHs? If you are using t5s, wont that be really high up then?

Looking good anyways.

:)

• SRC Member
seamonkee,

i like the way you do the elbows for the leg supports. Why dont you apply that idea to all the racks? More surface area equals more stability.

Also, noticed the hood opening is really high. Do you intend to mount MHs? If you are using t5s, wont that be really high up then?

Looking good anyways.

:)

Planning on T5s... but it will not be ceiling mount... not able to do so cause the ceiling there happened to be false ceiling...

Also, planning on for a FOWLR... so no MH... no chiller....

T5s set will be those hanging on eurobracing type....

I ran out of L-joints lah... but I figured since I am using an egg crate to lay the floor bed, it should be more stable and pressure releasing...

Anyway, upon bro hammanbmw's suggestion... I changed the middle joint to a T-joint and extend additional legs for more support....

post-34-1107242192.jpg

• SRC Member

wooo......I can sense your excitement.......when is your tank warming session??? :lol::lol:

How I wish I can customise my fish tank to the wall........ :P

Nice!

• SRC Member

Looks cool.

If you are at home now and waiting for the carpenter to finish up, might want to drip a bit more holes, sort of like on all 4 "sides" of the PVC tube.

Looks really nice. With a bit of luck, you LR should cover all the grey plastic. Start off with a bit of kalk drip and you wil see coralline hiding the grey quickly.

Should post hourly pix on the tank so people like me can see see at work.

• SRC Member
wooo......I can sense your excitement.......when is your tank warming session??? :lol::lol:

How I wish I can customise my fish tank to the wall........ :P

Nice!

I really have to thank my wife's support on this....

She's supporting my hobby both mentally and financially.... Otherwise, for a guy who has been jobless since last Apr, the most I can afford is a 2 feet tank on wrought iron stand... :lol::D:lol:

Here's an update so far... with the ventilation holes installed....

Tank maker is on the way... with the tank of course...

post-34-1107243457.jpg

• SRC Member

Now they are doing the right side of fish tank... my full panelled wall feature....

hehe.. later they will do the shoe cabinet on the left side of tank....

Woah.. really excited man!

post-34-1107243532.jpg

• SRC Member
Now they are doing the right side of fish tank... my full panelled wall feature....

hehe.. later they will do the shoe cabinet on the left side of tank....

Woah.. really excited man!

Can sense your excitement, looks great and coming along well :P

Make sure you fishes don't jump into your shoes, otherwise it's called "Hum Yue" aka salted fish :D