Anyone for power backup

Dovol

Hello all,

I saw this very interesting product at a DIY Store yesterday. After chatting to their supplier, I realise that it is possible to use a power backup for our air pump & submerse pump to last around 3-4 hours in the event of a power failure.

I wonder if anyone here who have a similar setup can post and share their views.

I am trying to speak to the supplier for a better price therefore I will be pleased to know if there are any interested parties.

Currently the power backup is selling at around S$1700.

For more information, please visit http://www.ablerex-ups.com.sg/corporate.html#ms

Cheers,

Dovol

You can buy a computer UPS system for less money. APC Smart UPS 1000 VA will probably just around $1K.

Hi Robe,

Are you using a APC1000?

I wonder if you can share the length of backup time it can provide because I need around 3-4 hours.

I understand from Ablerex that in order to have 3-4 hours of backup time, the size of the UPS and the number of internal batteries are important.

I am usually outstation therefore having a UPS will be useful in any case of power failure. I seen this simple UPS from Ablerex which is also Ablerex 1000 selling at around $269, understanding from them that it can provide around 45-60mins of backup time. Don't think this will be sufficient for me.

Pls share your setup cost and contact if possible. Thanks :)

• SRC Member