peacemaker's office nano tank

peacemaker

• SRC Member

Hi all! I've started this hobby just before the "Finding Nemo" craze. I fell in love with the clown fish and its swimming pattern, and that led me to purchase my very first fish tank. I've never ventured into fresh water fishes, and taking the plunge into marine without any prior knowledge was my biggest mistake. After a painful experience of getting cheated into buying a small tank at a very high price, and my first pair of clowns dying, I've decided to really study up before the next attempt.

It was then that I saw in an LFS, a custom made fish tank with internal overflow system. It was pretty neat to look at, and it has a bigger compartment to put in more bio-filter media. I asked the shop owner to make one for me. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

I can't find any semi decent skimmers that could fit into the back compartment, so I had to make do with a cheap china brand wood diffuser skimmer. If anyone has any good recommendations, pls let me know. :thanks:

The little hang-on filter keeps the surface of the water clean. I'm only using 11W PL lights (1 white 1 blue), so clean water surface is important.

post-13914-1201444281.jpg

post-13914-1201444292.jpg

• SRC Member

Ok looks pretty good. A few questions to add on

1. Where you intent to put the skimmer and the hang-on filter?

2. What livestock you want to put inside? a pair of clowns and anything else? Shrimps, mushrooms?

3. The Bio-rings/sponge will need regular cleaning.

4. The tank appears to be at your table - what's the temperature like at the office? Over the weekend?

• SRC Member
Ok looks pretty good. A few questions to add on

1. Where you intent to put the skimmer and the hang-on filter?

2. What livestock you want to put inside? a pair of clowns and anything else? Shrimps, mushrooms?

3. The Bio-rings/sponge will need regular cleaning.

4. The tank appears to be at your table - what's the temperature like at the office? Over the weekend?

My skimmer is placed at the back compartment with the return pump. Kinda "squeezy" there. Thought of getting a hang-on skimmer. The lifestock is listed above. I change the filter wool whenever it turns brown. Hardly touched the bio media, since I dun wanna disturb the "beneficial bacteria" inside. Temp is around 24 - 25 deg C, 24/7 (my office is a segment off the production floor).