HDB dun allow tank more then 5ft??

Qoo

• SRC Member

HDB got no restriction as to how many feet tank you can have in your apartment :huh: the only problem of having a six footer is probably getting the tank into your lift. I have not visited AT's house but I believe his tank is a six footer :unsure: although I fully understand that his tank's glasses are assembled in his house.

So, b4 u decide to buy a six footer, consider whether you lift can accomodate your giant :( if cannot...perhaps negotiate wif your tank supplier to assemble the glass in your house or another way is to get them climb up the stairs, in the end, you will find those people look like this emotion icons :wacko::wacko::wacko:

My tank is 5 foot 3 inches long actually! ;)

As far as I know, there are no rules on the length of a fish tank.

My tank was built at home coz my apartment lift's are small and so's my doorway. And having carried my old tank up with my wife, my lil' bro-in-law and an old man, left us in pain for a week!

:)

Anyone need lobangs for custom built tank, let me know... Hon and a few others are getting this same guy too.

AT

• SRC Member

Hi AT,

Can you post out the contact for the customised tank maker to those who are interested?

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

What would be very important is:

1. Ensure that your tank is sitting on a support beam and also against a support column as far as possible.

2. Don't ever have a big tank sitting in the centre of the room. All that weight in the middle of the floor is risky.

3. Get a stand that spreads the weight evenly on the floor ie. flat base. A stand that has four legs will see all it's weight concentrated on 4 spots... not a good idea at all.

If you take the above precautions, you won't appear on the front page of the Straits Times. :)

i do have friends putting two 5ft tank on 1 stand.. for his aroz...

worst rite?

i hope 1 day his house flood~!

lolz

That has to be one of the worst thing to wish on an aquarist! :lol:

Hi all,

I ever visited a guy in woodlands who convert about half of his HDB 5 room hall into a Koi pond ! with water fall, bridge etc I guess that is definetely more than the weight of 6 feet tank. And the best part is his house actually came out film in the TV before ! Ha Ha Ha

• SRC Member
Hi,

Heard from one of my friends that HDB does not allow tank which is more then 5ft....is it true?

i am planning to have a 6ft tank in my new hse later this yrs...so wonder is this true.

Don't worry Qoo: HDB have a super big H2o tank ontop of my house. :yeah:

Qoo: do you have any quote on the tank you plan to set up, i am planning to get one also. May be buy two can be cheaper :evil: