Master Test Kit

kianhl

Hi Keith,

I think the basics ones are

No3, ca, alk, mg, ph, po4

There isn't a test kit that test all of them.

The new range of red sea test kits comes in set ( if I rmb correctly) and seems to be quite good. You can also check out saliferts....

If u are keen if getting digital reading and not having to count drops, ml or matching colours, then u can check out Hanna checkers (po4, alk, ca)

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Hi Keith,

I think the basics ones are

No3, ca, alk, mg, ph, po4

There isn't a test kit that test all of them.

The new range of red sea test kits comes in set ( if I rmb correctly) and seems to be quite good. You can also check out saliferts....

If u are keen if getting digital reading and not having to count drops, ml or matching colours, then u can check out Hanna checkers (po4, alk, ca)

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Sorry for riding thread, just wondering why individuals add up to be more expensive than master kits? If both are equally accurate, i would definitely opt for master kits to save costs... Haha!

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• SRC Member

No such thing as master kit... Testing your parameters only take 10-15min, just gotta get used to it.

Ezie: the so called master kits you are referring to have individual test kits inside them too. Depends on what brands you are buying, some are more ex, others cheaper.

• SRC Member

Yes master test kits are just convenient way of putting 2 or 3 test kits into one set. U can chk out the Deltec test kits as well . Hv just recently bgt the Alk, Mag & Ca set ; phosphate ; nitrate . Been using salifert in the past and both brands are gd.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Hey guys, thanks for the advice.

Hanna

Salifert

Red Sea

Deltec

I'll check out all these brands. Are there other brands?

NO3

PO4

Alk/KH

Ca

Mg

pH

These are important parameters to check in a reef tank. But it seems that these good brands do not have test kits for NH3 and NO2 (correct me if I am wrong). Why is this so?

BTW, I meant master test kit to be a set of individual test kits bundled together and sold as one set.

Tips and resources on maintaining a thriving marine reef aquarium.