Wilson's 5ive

wilsontantw

Master Reefer. What a beautiful reef tank.

bigmike

不敢当... this is just over 2months young new tank... gotta let it blossom first. Stocking up is always easier, maintenance is a differect animal altogether..

i wish i could have a tank like urs! I still in the hobby....keeping fishes only...

Bro, good to hear that you're still in the hobby. This tank was setup to have more fish than sps, thus bought the queen... but it seems like the lure of the dark side is too hard to resist.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

FTS looks WOW!

btw, i spotted some sps eating nudis...(or looneys)

Indeed... sps bugs bite hard... not easy to kill them.

Are those yellow wrasses in a BB tank? Don't they need sand? Any problems, pls share, thanx.

yup. That's a pair of yellow wrasses on bare bottom tank. It's been 2 months, so far so good.. have not noticed any problems. Observed them lying on the bottom of the tank at night. Like playing dead..

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

The purple bonsai - a small frag that grew well. Tips are turning bright blue under MH.

7cc55d61-a882-bdbc.jpg

Very nice specimen you got ! Take good care of it and will be a center show piece eventually :score:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Bro... madpetz selling the grey colour ones...

But black one have to order online.

James: while it's neat and tidy. There's a downside when I need to change equipment or remove any powerpoint.

But I guess the pro outweighs the con now.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

James: while it's neat and tidy. There's a downside when I need to change equipment or remove any powerpoint.

can i have the website..

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

hahaha...dun change equipment so frequent lor.. :sick: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Rs component website.

Not sure if I still have the material code though. Will check later and update u.

Hi bro wilson,

What size of trucking are you using? 25x30, 40x60 or 50x50mm?

can i have the website..

Hi bro sunny03,

Here is the RS link.

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

Which mm are you using?

25x30, 40x60 or 50x50mm?

Hi bro sunny03,

Here is the RS link.

this is much more define

http://singapore.rs-online.com/web/c/cables-wires/cable-conduit-trunking-routing/cable-trunkings/?applied-dimensions=,4294873963,4294881692,4294833741

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

I got the 50x50, 1m length. Still have another 1m unused.

Oh, the delivery is FREE and it's COD.

This is how the package looks:

31f51048-4e5b-9bf7.jpg

Btw, the site is supposed B2B site. But do try your luck or perhaps get a LFS to help with your order.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

I got the 50x50, 1m length. Still have another 1m unused.

Oh, the delivery is FREE and it's COD.

This is how the package looks:

Btw, the site is supposed B2B site. But do try your luck or perhaps get a LFS to help with your order.

RS is B2B & also B2C. I have bought many items from them since early 2008 and they provides free delivery even you just bought single 10 buck item :whistle !

So how crazy???

1b688aa6-8826-91fd.jpg

Have you ever seen your Skimmer cup overflow like this???

Hi Bro,

I'm a newbie... So I hope you that you can my below doubts;

1) During cycling, since we have to cultivate good bacteria, shouldn't the skimmer be turned off till entire cycling process is completed?

2) Why can't liverocks be mixed with freshly mixed salt? What should be the best appropriate time to place in the liverocks then?

3) If ROWA-carbon is added, will it defeat the purpose of cultivating good bacteria?

I seek your expertise advice as my tank is arriving very soon......

Thanks.

I share knowledge, interest & passion in reefing.. NOT by showing them off...

Hi Bro,

I'm a newbie... So I hope you that you can my below doubts;

1) During cycling, since we have to cultivate good bacteria, shouldn't the skimmer be turned off till entire cycling process is completed?

2) Why can't liverocks be mixed with freshly mixed salt? What should be the best appropriate time to place in the liverocks then?

3) If ROWA-carbon is added, will it defeat the purpose of cultivating good bacteria?

I seek your expertise advice as my tank is arriving very soon......

Thanks.

Hi bro, good questions.. just sharing what I've experienced, may not be totally by the book.. so do try it out and see if it works for you.

I'll answer question 2 first.

Freshly mixed salt mix is very raw. For those LR that are very established, I see pods floating out. For the new ones just bought, crabs floated out when I put the rocks into the tank.

So on your question, what's the appropriate time? I'm not quite sure, as I eventually emptied a few hundred litres of saltmix and ordered nsw.

Question 1, u r right, cycling is to ensure sufficient beneficial bacteria grows within our tank.. thus if u use saltmix, dont bother about skimming. However if u use nsw, skimming is highly recommended as shown in my earlier picture that you re-attached.

Question 3, I did the short-cut way. not recommended for newbies, as I transferred water, live rocks and corals from my existing tanks over into this new system. As a result, I didn't spend much time cycling. It's pretty much all systems go within 3days.. water and rocks were transferred in 2 days. Corals took me over 2-3weeks to complete.

New nsw was mixed into my holding tanks to ensure fishes and corals do not get a shock..

With the above, I had minimal or almost no diatom outbreak so far... *fingers crossed*

HTH

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Since I'm still on leave, decided to try out a new camera that i bought for a recent family trip.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT3

Seems like it's quite a fun camera, though the blues are still not easy to capture.

Will let the picture do the talking.

First up... various Monti in Full...

post-13920-0-51742400-1325692429_thumb.j

post-13920-0-28578400-1325692424_thumb.j

post-13920-0-27414500-1325692410_thumb.j

post-13920-0-94658000-1325692416_thumb.j

post-13920-0-96830500-1325692391_thumb.j

post-13920-0-30524400-1325692365_thumb.j

still looking for more... i know i'm hunting for the purple monti!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|