How to DIY your LED

Jameshong

Hi all,

I just came across this website, reefledlights.com today. There are many useful info about LED diying needs for newbies which include how to diy LED, Driver FAQ, Optics Evaluation, Color Balancing, Wiring Diagram, PAR comparison with optics vs no optics, soldering, troubleshooting....etc :yeah: .

If you are going to diy your own LED lighting, this may be one of the good website to read and learn from... :thumbsup: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Link doesn't work...

Dun know why Cannot link to it.

Anyway, here is the URL : reefledlights.com

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Can we buy directly from them in small quatity?

Small qty as in how many ? You can try asking them

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been researching for a while now on LED guys, there's a lot of diff between branded ones and china ones. The good LED brands are CREE and Bridglux, most DIY kits have these two brands in 3w capacity. They are the most reliable for coral growth. For guys who are doing it the first time and don't want to screw it up get the solderless kits, they are better and easier cause they just snap on like lego, catch is that they cost a bit more cause the heatsinks will have to be pre-drilled by them but my advice is that its more worth it than trying to spoil your new LED trying to solder it. Cost goes up by about 30 USD for the solderless kits. Reefledlights.com is where im intending to get mine, they use CREE lights and yup they are reliable.