temperature

• SRC Member

My tank size is 2ft 24g , using fan, so far temperature fluctuate only 1-1.5 degree . The only thing is I got to top up water every morning . But if my temperature is ok for corals then I can save money and bill no need buy chiller ;)

• SRC Member

No need chiller if you can have that kind of temp after running the lights, pumps, wavemaker, etc. but make sure your thermometer is accurate though. I think 28c is good enough for corals unless you are keeping SPS which I'm not familiar on the ideal temp.

• SRC Member

No need chiller if you can have that kind of temp after running the lights, pumps, wavemaker, etc. but make sure your thermometer is accurate though. I think 28c is good enough for corals unless you are keeping SPS which I'm not familiar on the ideal temp.

Ya true ,I will test the temp with another thermometer to confirm..if still the same then power.but will topping up few ltr of aged dechlorinated water affect sps growth

in future?

Ya true ,I will test the temp with another thermometer to confirm..if still the same then power.but will topping up few ltr of aged dechlorinated water affect sps growth

in future?

Unless your external environment (eg.aircon room) is constant throughout the year, I would recommend to check your temp also during the hotter season. just to be on the safe side.

• SRC Member

Unless your external environment (eg.aircon room) is constant throughout the year, I would recommend to check your temp also during the hotter season. just to be on the safe side.

yup definitely bro thanks for the heads up.Never expect just fan could maintain such temperature cause got try use on my freshwater ,not so effective.