about chillers

richng

The owner(Ah Tan) is actually an aircon technician. Yes, the warranty is for a year, but he said that he can still service the chiller after the warranty period. He claims that the running cost is less than 10 a month.

I just got my chiller, model 110. :D Cost 950. Capable of chilling up 400L. Now chilling my 4 ft planted tank, very quiet will give further comments later.....

• SRC Member
The owner(Ah Tan) is actually an aircon technician. Yes, the warranty is for a year, but he said that he can still service the chiller after the warranty period. He claims that the running cost is less than 10 a month.

I just got my chiller, model 110. :D Cost 950. Capable of chilling up 400L. Now chilling my 4 ft planted tank, very quiet will give further comments later.....

What is the HP for the new chiller?

ps: Thanks for selling me yr old one.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Cud post this "New to the Hobby" , but really have a question about chillers.

Read some posts about cooling one degree in a certain time period say one hour. Pardon my ignorance, understood it to be just that literally.

However, also read question like two degrees differential ? Wat does it mean ? :o

Feel quite dumb to ask, but must ask otherwise suffer with regrets. :cry2: Please enlighten this newbie. :thanks:

• 3 weeks later...
Know of a friend who cill his 5x2x2 tank with a 1/4 hp artica without problems. According to him, the run time very short. He change after problems with R@. But we wont really know unless have seen it in action for few hours are try one on our own la. :o

Seriosuly i dun believe but anyway we also have to know what lighting he use and other equipment which he use that may produce heat

My tank 3 ft x 1.5 ft x 2 ft with sump tank 2.5 ft x 1ft x 1.25 ft.

Just bought a Resun CL450

I think you will have slight problem cooling down your tank.... Anyway i would suggest anyone not to get resn CL series.. it is super and i mean super noisy :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Sorry, I dun agree with you leh. ;)

May be its a new chiller, and the noise level is very low. Thought I read in some thread that Resun improved in this noise aspect. :D

I just monitored the cooling effect. I set chiller at 26C.

When at 28C per the digital display, the chiller compressor kicks in. That's when I started timing. At five minutes later, the chiller compressor cuts off registering set temp back to 26C.

Question :- is cooling period of five minutes considered slow ?