What kind of fishes can be kept with Lionfish?

• SRC Member

i know that lionfish eat up fishes that are able to fit into the mouth. i just got my first tank setup, and got myself a dwarf lion fish, so its aboiut half inche now only, still looks baby to me.

I was wondering if i want to add on fishes into my tank, what other fishes are able to cope with it? fast swimmer? or big size fish?

• SRC Member

A rule of the thumb is that u can have anything bigger than its mouth.

but that said, i keep a 4" antenna lion with a 1" clown & 2" yellow goby with no problems what so ever.

i feed feeder shrimps & dried shrimps.

Only thing is u have to watch where the fish is when u put your hand in the tank.

• SRC Member

ok, the shop uncle told me so too... bring the fish out, if u want to change anything in the water, hmm....

Do u guys get sting before? just now, when i change some wool thingy inside my fliration box, when i touches the water, i feel a sting at my finger and i was puzzle what is it... could it be some posion excret out from the animal or coral? my filtration box doesnt have animals living in it.

• SRC Member
electirc shock? wah.. so scary one ar? then when the water will become stable? what causes electric in my tank water? just 2 days old tank lei

it's possible to get electric shock :o the source of electric current could be from any of your electrical appliances....or maybe jus static electricity generated by the vibration of your pump :blink::wacko:

test occasionally wif a test pen...if electric current exist...i suggest you get a probing kit and earth it to a piece of wood :D

• SRC Member

i have attach a copy of compaitablity of fishes that can be put together :)

compatibility_chart.gif

Compatibility Chart

Tank mate compatibility is crucial to a successful and healthy marine aquarium. Incompatible species will increase stress in the tank which could result in disease and considerable loss. Use the chart below as a guideline when selecting fish and please read our article "Introducing New Fish Into Your Aquarium" before making your fish selection.

Remember, no guarantees can be made about the compatibility or incompatibility of any particular species of fish. Also, particular species within a group of fish vary in temperament and may not correspond with the guideline below.

Y = Yes, Generally Compatible

C = Can co-exist with Caution

N = No, Not Compatible

• SRC Member

the chart is only applicable if u were to keep a Fish Only With Live Rock......

MOst of the fishes here can't be kept in a reef tank and are NOt REEF SAFE!!~!!

Dun be a Statistics like what Dodo has said.....

dun afterwards kena Flamed JIA JIA LAT for filling your tank to the max in a few days again.......

thus breaking the record.. haha :lol:

take things slow and easy........

• SRC Member

it's possible to get electric shock :o the source of electric current could be from any of your electrical appliances....or maybe jus static electricity generated by the vibration of your pump :blink::wacko:

test occasionally wif a test pen...if electric current exist...i suggest you get a probing kit and earth it to a piece of wood :D

X-Japan, where can i get a grounding device for my tank? Issit those Grounding probes that we see mentioned by online reef retailers?

I ALWAYS get a painful buzz whenever my finger first touches the water (its even worse when i touch the hand to the tank itself too - the current max sia, hahah)

Its worse when i have a open wound - it feels like someone gave me a prick from a HUGE needle Arrgh!!!

Better still, any DIY plan to show me? Thanx a million :)