Kent Marine Carbon

Hi Guys,

Just putting a warning out there to all you guys that have or want to use kent marine carbon. During december i replaced my carbon with kent and almost all my sps's bleached over 3 hours. i realised soon enough that something was wrong and removed the carbon and did a serious water change and luckly diddnt loose anything. Today i found out that there is a lawsuit against kent regarding there carbon.

Please check the production dates and check the carbon codes on the container : My link

With out a doubt the bad batch of carbon did reach singapore as the codes matched my kent container.

I am really upset that do not test there carbon for heavy metals (Apparently this is going to change). I have persanally put in a formal complaint to kent marine USA, lets see what there response is....

Carbon increases phosphate .

Cheers .

Phosphate builds up over time not in 1 hour ;) Read barracuda's link to get some sort of idea what is going on....

This is way more serious than what people think it is... Has anyone on this forum used kent carbon???