Sad Day For My FOWLR

Thanks goodness me. At last we have some sort of simple & workable solution here. Probably get to Sim Lim tower very soon. Thanks to bro CFOH. Cheers.

My tank setting:
Size : 48" x 24" x 24"
Return pump: 1 x Vectra S2, 1 x Eheim 1264
Skimmer: Skimz DC skimmer SV203
Lighting : Maxspect Razor R420R 160W
Chiller : 1hp drop coil compressor
Wave maker : 2 x Nero 5 , 1 x Tunze 6055

Top up : Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

Before you head to sim lim bro, suggest you visit the ups website. I recommend to buy apc brand.

Go to the website www.apc.com and you can indicate all the devices you are connecting through it. It will then do the calculation and advice you what device you should purchase and how long will the backup power last.

Before you head to sim lim bro, suggest you visit the ups website. I recommend to buy apc brand.

Go to the website www.apc.com and you can indicate all the devices you are connecting through it. It will then do the calculation and advice you what device you should purchase and how long will the backup power last.

Oh yes, many thanks indeed. Any recomendations is worth to take a look for consideration. Hopes to have more ideas & recomends coming.

Thanks bro, Cheers.

My tank setting:
Size : 48" x 24" x 24"
Return pump: 1 x Vectra S2, 1 x Eheim 1264
Skimmer: Skimz DC skimmer SV203
Lighting : Maxspect Razor R420R 160W
Chiller : 1hp drop coil compressor
Wave maker : 2 x Nero 5 , 1 x Tunze 6055

Top up : Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

You may consider independent circuit breaker or Split circuit breaker for your fish tank as well... it help to reduce the tripping risk..

Pls refer to bro MengYang_Neo tank thread. :thumbsup:

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

wow... thats very sad indeed. to experienced your love pets to die.

but cheer up dude. make a come back then... :)

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Just curious, doesn't the ACDC air pump works the same way. If the AC power is available it uses the AC, but if AC is cut off it automatically uses DC from it's re-chargeable batteries.?? I had the impression that's how it works.

Unless there is a switch you need to switch to change from AC to DC, than that wouldn't work for this case.

Just curious, doesn't the ACDC air pump works the same way. If the AC power is available it uses the AC, but if AC is cut off it automatically uses DC from it's re-chargeable batteries.?? I had the impression that's how it works.

Unless there is a switch you need to switch to change from AC to DC, than that wouldn't work for this case.

Don't confuse yourself?? Very simple idea. Just get DC battery operate air pump and the Automatic emergency unit is DC output. It is DC to DC. Just take note the range of voltage depend the unit u bought, some come with 1.5V, 3V & 6V also 12V. You need to match the voltage with your DC air pump. There is 2 type available here (3V and 6V) or using resistor to step down the voltage.

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

I've been visualising... think i got the idea here. Yes during fault, instead of turning the

light, the output became the input power source for the pump to run. Yes, all must be within its

specs. Thanks.

I've been visualising... think i got the idea here. Yes during fault, instead of turning the

light, the output became the input power source for the pump to run. Yes, all must be within its

specs. Thanks.

Get better brand Automatic emergency unit or modify with better brand battery.. I recommend Panasonic. very reliable.. Cheers and happy reefing...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Actually in marine we want the pump to be off when there is a AC power. When there is no AC power, we want the ACDC pump to be on. ACDC pump always working if there is AC power, When there is no AC, DC power take over, and the pump reamains on. The pump is always on regardless of AC or DC power. We want the pump to be off when there is AC power. I think the ACDC air pump can not do this,.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am very not sure on the operation of ACDC air pump as I do not have the ACDC pump. I ask the LSF shop before, that is what I know from their reply.

The pump is always on regardless of AC or DC power. We want the pump to be off when there is AC power. I think the ACDC air pump can not do this,.

Yes that is correct, based on my understanding. The thing I forgot is that we usually don't want too much bubble in our tank under normal circumstances. So yah, the pump should just charge when the AC is on, and start to discharge and start running the pump when the AC is cut off.

I have used ACDC air pump on kelong to run our live-prawns well. So the pump provide aeration and circulation both when the gen set is running and when its off (during the day).

I guess someone with a little electronic know how could easily rig the ACDC air pump circuit to do whats required. Can anyone whose more electronically incline commend?

Great idea by Bro CF Oh.

Just a comment , instead of using a resistor to limit the current and reduce the voltage, I suggest use a voltage regulator that coresponding the pump input voltage. That will ensure constant voltage and constant rate of air flow.

Great idea by Bro CF Oh.

Just a comment , instead of using a resistor to limit the current and reduce the voltage, I suggest use a voltage regulator that coresponding the pump input voltage. That will ensure constant voltage and constant rate of air flow.

Yes, I am using LD1086 SERIES part of the experiment. Any other simple or common regulator recommend beside LD1086/LM317? For voltage divider you shld expect constant voltage too but you need to calculated the desire current. Thanks for suggestion. :ThanxSmiley:

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Yes, I am using LD1086 SERIES part of the experiment. Any other simple or common regulator recommend beside LD1086/LM317? For voltage divider you shld expect constant voltage too but you need to calculated the desire current. Thanks for suggestion. :ThanxSmiley:

Try this, let me know any more option.. Thanks for sharing...

post-9248-0-11984000-1332781184_thumb.jp

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Thanks guys for all the concern & Care..u guys really gave me idea wat to do next..

But sad to say me call it a day for saltwater maybe. And might be trying on freshwater on my tank.

Can it works? freshwater using my current tank?

runninggirl.gif

• SRC Member

Giv u 2 to 3mth n u will definately come back to marine.

Trust me bro. Ive keep fresh water fish since i was in primary 5.

From fighting fish to arowana to lou han to gold fish n to kois.

Now with marine reef, thers alot to explore. Every mth, ther wil be new fish or coral to buy.

N tats e best part. Hunting for nice coral or fish.

Don giv up bro. If u need help in settin up ur tank, i be more then hapi to help u.

Cheers...

• Like 1

Hi bro

i can know i feeling. i encouter the same thing before.

now i am using the device i got from china. it cost me S$70. what u need is a sim card, when there is a power failure it will send sms to you right away.

This one? Cheers..

post-9248-0-67109700-1333413876.jpg

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Giv u 2 to 3mth n u will definately come back to marine.

Trust me bro. Ive keep fresh water fish since i was in primary 5.

From fighting fish to arowana to lou han to gold fish n to kois.

Now with marine reef, thers alot to explore. Every mth, ther wil be new fish or coral to buy.

N tats e best part. Hunting for nice coral or fish.

Don giv up bro. If u need help in settin up ur tank, i be more then hapi to help u.

Cheers... ��

Thanks bro..so far nothing been done do the tank..

runninggirl.gif