Rescaping

Rajandra

Hi, Im planning do a rescaping of my 700g tank. Since my tank is very tall (4ft high) I have to remove the current LR and LS (and drain out the water) before I do the scaping. I just need few suggestions before I proceed.

1. What type of cement (prefer quick drying) is recommended for large tank scaping (can’t afford to use epoxy due to the cost)?
  2. My tank is 5 year old matured tank. So is ok to removes all the sandbed before doing the scaping?

Any other additional advices are also welcome

Thank you.

Maybe you can try to source for the alteco brand underwater epoxy from hardware suppliers... Much more cheaper than aquarium brands and stickier.

Thanks for the advice. But is it reef safe?

Thanks for the advice. But is it reef safe?

Bro this is the brand I told u, 500g aroud $16 plus. But for your tank size, will need quite a lot also.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Bro this is the brand I told u, 500g aroud $16 plus. But for your tank size, will need quite a lot also.

Oh yes bro, now I recalled. Wow, to do rescaping of my entire tank, it gonna cost me a bomb!!! ANy other options please?

• SRC Member

Oh yes bro, now I recalled. Wow, to do rescaping of my entire tank, it gonna cost me a bomb!!! ANy other options please?

Bro, if you would like to DIY your own LR and keep the cost down...let me know...I bought a instruction on how to DIY LR but have not started yet...we can test test...cheers

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member

Depending on your scape & LR shape, some of the pieces can be stable enough that they do not require epoxy. Otherwise, you can use a combination of epoxy, plastic screws, or even cable ties.

How about using cable ties to replace epoxy?

Im planning something like in this picture. I love this overhanging design. I don’t think the cable tie nor will the plastic screw hold the weight of the hanging rock. bonzai-tree-aquascaping.jpg

• SRC Member

You can use nylon rod with screw thread and bolt and nut... To secure the rocks... Check out my tank thread

• Like 1

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices