SPS and Tunze 6060

• SRC Supporter

the structure of SPS many times gives hints of what kind of environment they come from....

Thick branched stags and tables to be placed under the influence stronger flow... they do much better under such...

you will also find specimens under the same species differently structured... due to the areas that they are found in..

:off:

its OK...........Always welcome another exp reefer to share.....looking forward to pics of his tank... :lol::lol::lol:

afterall, I have got the advice I was looking for ;):lol::lol::lol:

This morning when I switched on my blue lights, was very happy to see the polyps fully extended...veri nice, seems like the current is quite acceptable and comfy for them .....keke..... :whistle:whistle

Btw, I saw extended sweeping tentacles of At's Moon Coral....my gush..they really can extend really far :shock::shock:

• SRC Member

To be safe, my SPS are 2 ft away from the tunze. At that distance, the flow seems more gentle and blowing over a wider area. So far, staghorns at that distance no problem.

I think (marine) therefore I am

I'll keep that in mind...will try to see how I can reposition the sps slightly away from the tunze.

....some rescaping to do again this afternoon.... :lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm...yesterday added one maxijet in my tank for more circulation...should have directed it away from one of my frags..now that frag one side botak....... <_< Thought it was alright as it was about 2ft away from the flow...woke up this morning and..... :(

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/