Fresh new tank to SPS?

• SRC Member

I intend to start a new tank to keep SPS. Assuming that I finish the water cycling for about a month with rocks and test that the water parameters fall into the ranges for SPS.

Can I start introduce the SPS frags into the tank? Or should I put a few fishes in first?

I have read some articles, but not sure about the details still.

Appreciate if anyone can give a bit of advice.

Thank you.

Actually if your parameter is in range just go ahead and try sps frag, sps frag from reefer are a lot more stable then wild sps. So give it a try, get those sps frag that some reefer sell cheap. If not much fishes the water parameter is a lot easier to control.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

Actually if your parameter is in range just go ahead and try sps frag, sps frag from reefer are a lot more stable then wild sps. So give it a try, get those sps frag that some reefer sell cheap. If not much fishes the water parameter is a lot easier to control.

Try birdnest and monti...they are by far the easier SPS to start...of course the normal type...dont get the exotic type first....

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank