Advice required for dosing CA,MG,KH

Hi senior,

I am thinking of using my 60 liter container to dosing in additional ca,mg,kh during salt mix to increase my current parameter. Can I dose the above at the same time to 60 liter and use it to change water weekly?

Current reading ca-350, mg-1080, dkh- 8.1 only....

• 2 weeks later...

I was informed /read once we should not mix all 3 elements ( KH , CA , Mg ) together in 1 container .

They can be dosed, but seperately .

Read there will be some chemical reaction if all is mixed together .

My dosing pump does not allow all 3 to be dosed together . There is a 5 min interval between all 3 dosing even if I set similar times on my dosing pump .

Any Shifu can confirm this fact ?

I was informed /read once we should not mix all 3 elements ( KH , CA , Mg ) together in 1 container .

They can be dosed, but seperately .

Read there will be some chemical reaction if all is mixed together .

My dosing pump does not allow all 3 to be dosed together . There is a 5 min interval between all 3 dosing even if I set similar times on my dosing pump .

Any Shifu can confirm this fact ?

Yes, do not mix the solutions together e.g. a mixture of calcium and carbonate solutions will cause percipitation to occur and thus nullify any increases in Ca and dkh.

Use 3 separate containers and they should be dosed at different times to ensure no mixing of the solutions occur in your tank water.