TANK BUILD

Hi all & gurus,

Just joined in this forum almost 3 weeks. Am planning to buy a 4ft tank which need to be customade by tank maker. Btw, I am from Malaysia.

Question to ask to build my tank I am planning to do 4ft x 2ft x 2ft - 10 or 12mm dual view tank/divider tank. Is it necessary to put brace on all top & bottom of the tank or just bottom or top only ? What is the dimension of the brace is sufficient enough to hold it ?

Thanks

Simmon Lee

• SRC Supporter

Welcome to SRC. I would.recommand you to go for 12mm and with top and bottom bracing.

Rather be safe than having a flooding living room lol..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Harlequin, I have thought of that(using 12mm) before but my concern is am currently staying in a rented property. Worried about if next time I do move to another place, will it be very troublesome as I saw so many reefers are selling off / decomm when they wanna move to another place. Just wish I can take all these with me if I move to another home. It's gonna be heart breaking :( (quite expensive) for me if I sell it off as I am planning to do both large panel using starphire glass, anyone has use this material before ?

So is it still not advisable to use 10mm with Top & bottom bracing, if so, then I have to cut down cost to use normal green glass instead.

Thanks again :thanks:

• SRC Member

If you plan to move, then I suggest nano setup. Less headache when you relocate.

On the other hand, some folks don't see their tank as 'permanent', and are ready to sell off at a discounted price when the situation arises.

12mm with top and bottom brace is better even if you intend to shift.

Cuz 10mm may not withstand the rigors of shifting.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Hmmmm, thanks Gouldian. Will reconsider to do a normal green glass then.

Some ideas for you. I have a five footer on 12mm. I had a bottom eurobracing and corner reinforce done as I prefer a open rimless top. Btw, I have a 1/2hp chiller to let go if you may be interested.