3 x 3ft SPS dominated tank

PROX

Very difficult to take pic under deep blue...I can't get the color right yet.

Yup no easy to get a good picture to show the colour but can see the poly extension is very good. :thumbsup:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

Nicely taken photos!

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

Yea..not 1:1 macro yet cause I am still playing with WB and try to get actual color captured by the camera...any good tips?

For WB try to set it by having a white paper under your lighting and set it manually, or you adjust the preset WB as close as what you see and shoot with RAW format and adjust using photoshop..

• 3 months later...

Some updated pic...

Currently battling with aefw which consume 70% of my SPS. Expensive lesson learned. Nevertheless, remaining corals are doing alright now and no new corals until everything stabilize again.

8470949594_bd50247771.jpg

Tank inhabitants consist of:

1 x Yellow tang

1 x Blue eye tang (aka 2 spot bristletooth tang)

2 x Black ice clownfish

9 x Blue eye anthias (lyretail anthias)

2 x Dispar anthias

3 x Orchid dottyback

1 x Cleaner wrasse

2 x Cleaner shrimp

? x Turbo snails

4 x RBTA

SPS, Acans, Chalice, Xenia, Fiji pipe organ, Golden clove.

8470949718_5789db2159.jpg

Top shot.

8470949794_c1592fd7ab.jpg

Additional compartment to to keep sump area as clean as possible for easier maintenance.

2 x Ecotech radion power supply (bolted to the center wood support)

1 x Ecotech battery backup (bolted to the back portion of wood support)

Mixing tank and top up tank are on the bottom section.

They did at first but nothing serious except a little torn tail (only 2 fight among each other leaving the 3rd one alone). However, they seem to get along now and I don't see any torn tail anymore. Probably got bored of fighting.

The most effective way to get rid of flatworms would be to indivdually dip each and every one of your SPS corals in a CoralRX or Coral Revive solution and baste them daily after you put the corals back into your tank. Wrasses are a hit or miss thingy.

Some updated pic...

Currently battling with aefw which consume 70% of my SPS. Expensive lesson learned. Nevertheless, remaining corals are doing alright now and no new corals until everything stabilize again.

8470949594_bd50247771.jpg

Tank inhabitants consist of:

1 x Yellow tang

1 x Blue eye tang (aka 2 spot bristletooth tang)

2 x Black ice clownfish

9 x Blue eye anthias (lyretail anthias)

2 x Dispar anthias

3 x Orchid dottyback

1 x Cleaner wrasse

2 x Cleaner shrimp

? x Turbo snails

4 x RBTA

SPS, Acans, Chalice, Xenia, Fiji pipe organ, Golden clove.

8470949718_5789db2159.jpg

Top shot.

8470949794_c1592fd7ab.jpg

Additional compartment to to keep sump area as clean as possible for easier maintenance.

2 x Ecotech radion power supply (bolted to the center wood support)

1 x Ecotech battery backup (bolted to the back portion of wood support)

Mixing tank and top up tank are on the bottom section.

Very nice tank bro, I like the range of colors in the 1st shot!

@honkit - Almost all of corals are dipped into Coral RX or FM Flatworm Exit. Majority are bought from fellow reefers in frag form. My mistake is to add the mariculture colony specimen without dipping into either solution. It looks healthy and recover from shipping (over a week in LFS) and I assume that piece is safe from pest. Obviously I am wrong and that piece introduce aefw into my tank. Little do I expect to get hit by aefw. I keep on meddling with light intensity, thinking that my corals bleach due to light issue which escalate the damage to higher level. Well, I take it as expensive lesson and will be more cautious before adding in new corals.

Sorry to read about your experience with the maricultured piece. Personally, I find maricultured sps corals to have even more pests and unwanted algae than the wild colonies. That's why the no exception rule is applicable to each and every of them when it comes to dipping and basting - let the wrasses do the rest.

I have added 3 yellow wrasses but they died for no apparent reason that I can think of. Eating healthy and just died out of sudden. Will try my luck again and add few more. Any particular wrasse that you can recommend?

• SRC Member

This is just my personal experience, but when I kept Yellow Wrasse in a bare bottom tank, they don't do well and die for no apparent reason like you mentioned. However, they survive pretty well when I kept a sandbed. Perhaps they can get stressed when they do not have a substrate to burrow into...?