Temperature issues...

insidedamo

• SRC Member
sure, why not? for such a small tank, abit will be enough. Guideline for me is 0.5 teaspoon to a 1L of water. After that it's just monitoring your kh via kh test kits. If your kh drops by a fair bit then you slowly increase your dosage. For your size, my guess is 1 teaspoon to 1L is sufficient.
Thanks bro.

• SRC Member
Is your glass cover covering the whole tank? I think today is hot which explains their deaths but covering the tank top prevents oxygen exchange. That can kill them too.
The glass cover does not cover the IOS section. I think it is more like what you said prevent oxygen exchange.

You check your tank parameters to rule out other causes? What's the tank temperature? If you have fan, how dud you install it when there's a cover?

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

Using fan evaporation is no joke.. Need to top up 2 litre of DI water. Water level dropped below outlet water spray is terrible. Salinity also shoot sky high. Wonder whether it will help bring down temp if pump air with wood block like I see in some lFS. Salt spray can be contained with a tank cover. I know bubble will effect sps but lps should be ok right?

Using fan evaporation is no joke.. Need to top up 2 litre of DI water. Water level dropped below outlet water spray is terrible. Salinity also shoot sky high. Wonder whether it will help bring down temp if pump air with wood block like I see in some lFS. Salt spray can be contained with a tank cover. I know bubble will effect sps but lps should be ok right?

Adding woodstone will not reduce temperature significantly compared to fan as it is still using the theory of evaporation.

Another crude method is use ice, this method is more reliable. Just place water in water bottles and put in freezer, add iced bottle into tank and swop whenever the ice melted.

HTH

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Adding woodstone will not reduce temperature significantly compared to fan as it is still using the theory of evaporation. Another crude method is use ice, this method is more reliable. Just place water in water bottles and put in freezer, add iced bottle into tank and swop whenever the ice melted. HTH
Thanks bro. I will try out the aeration method and see if polyps and GSP will survive.

Adding woodstone will not reduce temperature significantly compared to fan as it is still using the theory of evaporation.

Another crude method is use ice, this method is more reliable. Just place water in water bottles and put in freezer, add iced bottle into tank and swop whenever the ice melted.

HTH

Alternatively buy a tunze nano osmolator and hook it up to your tank. Gives you a peace of mind in your water parameters and still save electricity by employing the fan (:

You have space in that ios, maximize it for the right stuff (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
Alternatively buy a tunze nano osmolator and hook it up to your tank. Gives you a peace of mind in your water parameters and still save electricity by employing the fan (: You have space in that ios, maximize it for the right stuff (:
Thanks bro u are absolutely right. Googled and find its great. Where to buy and how much? Thanks!

• SRC Member

Ken didn't have stock as of last week. I got mine from n30.

The usual ones who stock it are Madpetz, Marine Life, n30 and of course Reef Depot itself. I bought mine last week and just set it up yesterday. Feels good coming into office today and not having to top up the tank :) Will be installing a fan soon.

• SRC Member

Ken didn't have stock as of last week. I got mine from n30.

The usual ones who stock it are Madpetz, Marine Life, n30 and of course Reef Depot itself. I bought mine last week and just set it up yesterday. Feels good coming into office today and not having to top up the tank :) Will be installing a fan soon.

Thanks bro. Which LFS is n30?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I will share this here for bros with small pico tanks like mine without chillers. I installed fans on my 2 tanks (27 liters and 56 liters). When I initially set the fans to operate at the same time when the lights are on, I was only able to keep the temperature fluctuating around 28-31 degrees. But recently I set the fans to be on 247 and was able to consistently maintain temperatures around 28-29 degrees and the water does feel cooler. The trade off for the latter is obviously I have to top off more water lost through evaporation.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)