RESUN AND ATMAN CHILLER

Recently accquire the ATMAN 0.5HP Chiller.

So far so good, maintaining my 4"x1.5"x1.5" Tank at consistent 26 Degrees.

IMO, the quality is I think better than the R*S*N chiller (Some say Noisy, cannot comment on this) and appearance is more professional.

According to manual, it is using Mitsubishi parts.

As for how silent it is, I cannot really say it is is completely without noise as some other Atman user claim it to be. Still can hear the fan running when it starts to chill and can be quite audible in the middle of the night. (Never own a R*S*N chilller, so cant comment on the noise difference)

:D:D:D

Cheers,

Vince

post-10-1075297833.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

About 30 dollars extra per month for all as follows :

1x mh 150 watt

2x pl9 blue light

1x cl650 chiller

1x 2400ltr/hr pump

1 x 1300ltr / hr pump (skimmer)

1 x 1000ltr / hr rotating pump

1 x 1200ltr / hr return pump

i think that should be all that i can think of.As for price, i'll PM you.

• SRC Member

I have personally seen and heard the noise. the new series are totally a shock to me. I cant say anything, resun is ok and cheap.

now I think I better buy resun cuz with the more silent feature, its more worth.

• SRC Member

So that's an expensive investment then. Imagine you have a 6ft tank and use a 1.5hp chiller, the cost is around $2-3k and it only last for 2 years. So the yearly capital investment is around $1.5k.

Is it worth it then?

BTW, has anyone calculate how much it will cost to just run the aircon 24/7 compare to using a chiller? In this way, not only the inhabitant in the tank are happy but also the people. hehehe

Cheers,

Patrick

• SRC Member

using aircon also ok but problem u will have extra electricity bill of $200/month. LOL. I rather buy the chiller as the consume less electricity.

BTW it depends also how the chiller is selected. If u buy a chiller for 2ft tank to cool down a 4ft tank, can use but this chiller will say bye bye within few months. why? not enough rest on the compressor.

The same as a chiller for 4ft is used on 2ft tank. The water temperature goes up so fast due to low water quantity (dont ask why,cuz its physics science, too much to explain). So the compressor switch on and off within too short of time and too frequent, hence shortened the compressor life-span tremendously (dont ask again as this is engineering science).

So u guys must be able to choose the right chiller size for the right size of tank inclusive of all the heat energizer, eg. pumps and lightings.

• SRC Member

sent me a pm? last was 8.15pm

the branded chillers have better workmanship and materials. but the price is also better, hehe

depends on individual to chooose which brand.

But better brands still will breakdown. I rather buy a cheaper one and by the time it breaksdown, I buy a new one. no need headache repair cost. like a car, all spare parts come to breakdown turn by turn. after spending 100, then must get ready another 100 bucks or maybe 200!