Tank design advice

• SRC Member

Dear Fellow Reefers,

I am sketching out something for my future tank.

Appreciate if you can give feedback if it is viable, possible to proceed and what will be the disadvantages before approaching a tank maker :)

The plan for the whole tank is like a combination of a 2ft shallow tank (partitioned) + 4ft tank.

Aesthetic aspect is highly considered; hence the combination of shallow area (with Mangrove area + seashore cliff where I would like to see some small breaking waves) and main tank area. I prefer to have a non-merely box-look type of tank.

The drawing only covers the high level main compartments (no sump design, lighting placement, etc.)

Thanks a lot for the feedback/advice!

post-20304-0-84782100-1356369632_thumb.g

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Looks viable...:) take note of dead spots around especially directly below your wavemaker and if the mangroves are not all clump up together then it'll be alright aesthtically cause you'll need lots of mangrove for it to be an efficient nutrient transporter. Consult the tank makers too cause they would still have more experience in building different types of tanks...:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• SRC Member

Looks viable...:) take note of dead spots around especially directly below your wavemaker and if the mangroves are not all clump up together then it'll be alright aesthtically cause you'll need lots of mangrove for it to be an efficient nutrient transporter. Consult the tank makers too cause they would still have more experience in building different types of tanks...:) just my 2cents worth...:P

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"