bird nest help

SPS coral probably need good lighting. But of course it depends when you intend to place the coral and its depth from the light set. Have seen people used 4 T5HO, MH and LED...

maybe wait for the SPS experts to advise :)

Read this thread -

I have two birdnests, initially both put at highest place and directly under led light. after sometime, one is blooming and the other is fating . What could be the reason ?

any sign of stn?

~ 24 June 2012 ~

Main Tank Display- 4ft (L) x 2ft (W) x 2.5ft (H) 3side view

Return Pump- 2x Eheim 1262

Wavemaker- Conch II + Tunze

Skimmer- Hydor Performer 700DP

Lighting- Sun System Tek-Light T5 8 x ATI 54W

Chiller- Hailea 1/4hp

Reactor- Skimz FR Rowaphos

Dosing Pump- Bubble Magus BM-T01

-Refugium-

• SRC Member

If you tested water para are within range, do slowly mount your sps higher over time. They want flow but no direct flow which will cause their tissue to damage.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk2

Now I can see slime algae is growing at the tips and the trunk is turning white...is the birdnest diying ?

Sounds like it.

What is your water parameters?

Most SPS issues stem from poor water quality. Until that is fixed, it won't help no matter how you adjust the lights or flow.

I checked the water para and all within range sg = 1.024. Calsium - 450, Alk = 200, No < 0.05

Alk = 200

I assume you are measuring Alk in ppm. So your Alk should be around 11 KH, which is quite high. I usually get SPS issues when my Alk raises above 9 KH.

What's your PO4?