Max size of tank for 6 x 24" t5

mjck

Exploring the possibilities to upgrade my 2ft-ish tank... I am looking at maximising the tank size without changing the lightset (6x 24w ATI sunpower).

Would there be any compromise for a choice of 30" tank width rather than sticking to the standard 2ft?

This will be an sps dominated tank.

I am wondering along the same lines too, but I am contemplating about switching to T5s for my 30" by 30" tank and not sure how many tubes will be sufficient.

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

Imo, use 2ft T5 tube supplement with LED or alternatively DIY a complete LED lightset for odd sized tank..sure no problem...lol!

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Last time I am using 8 tubes for my 30 in cube .. and I found that both side 3in does not received enough. Sps brown out

If going to diy I suggest to place the t5 tube to the full length in stag formation.

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Last time I am using 8 tubes for my 30 in cube .. and I found that both side 3in does not received enough. Sps brown out

If going to diy I suggest to place the t5 tube to the full length in stag formation.

Hi bro, when you say 3"does not receive enough light, do you mean 3" along the length of the tube?

Stag formation means for e.g.:

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

??

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements