My purple Tang is blind......

I got a purple tang from LFS but it seems to be blind. When he was in the QT, he kept swiming in circles and his mouth is always on above the water just like a dolphin.

Later I transferred him to the display tank, he did the same thing. He sometime hide in a corner didn't swim around, once he started swimming will be in circles like dolphin.

Other tangs in the tank had been poking him even their size are so much smaller.

I had no choice but to put him into a Q box inside the tank. Btw is so easy to catch him as he seems not knowing there's a net going near him.

Inside the box he became clam and peaceful. He didn't seem to know when I feed him and also not seeing the food, but when his mouth happened to touch the food (flakes), he will suck it in. This has been continue for more than few weeks.

His body color is fine and his eyes look normal.

Any idea what happen to him and any way to cure him??

Many thanks for the advice.

Did u dose any medicine during the qt ?

Look like it might be stress, try to put a pvc piping in your beta box if possible so that it can hide to reduce stress and monitor for a few more days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

No I didn't dose any med.

Will stress cause fish not able to see?

Anyway I don't think is stress as it look very peaceful in the beta box. He is eating (sucking) well with the flakes I feed him. His body color is still normal.

Also If he can see he should able to notice my net when I trying to catch him.

try use Waterlife Myxazin but becareful do not overdose

My 1st Tank (FOWLR)

4.5ft x 2.5ftx 3ft 15mm with Cabinet & Tank

2x Two Little Fishie 150 Reactor (Rowaphos & Rowacarbon)

1x Two Little Fishie 300 Reactor (Biopellet)

Reef Octupos SRO-3000INT Skimmer

Teco Chiller TR20 1/3hp with UV

Vortech MP40ES Wavemotion

JBJ auto top-up

Eheim 1264 Return Pump

9 Stage Ro Water

Neptunes Sys Aqua Controller (PH, ORP, Temp,Conductivity,Salinity and Email Alert)

Could be internal Bacteria, Myxazin or others that treat internal bacteria might help. Like what AGK mentioned, don't overdose cos it will kill ur fish, Maybe can add in some Stress Guard, it help my fishes when I QT them.

Thanks for the advice.

I have some questions while treating him in the QT.

1. After the treatment, do I need to change 100% of water or partial water will do?

2. After the treatment, will my filtering system require clean up and redo the cycling process again before I can put fishes?

Hope the med will help.

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. I have some questions while treating him in the QT. 1. After the treatment, do I need to change 100% of water or partial water will do? 2. After the treatment, will my filtering system require clean up and redo the cycling process again before I can put fishes? Hope the med will help. Thanks!
For me, I'll let the fish swim in the medicated water until it recovers. Might take weeks, so water change is necessary. Instead of daily, I do partial water change twice a week cos my QT has its own filter system. Upon seeing recovery, I will replace the water 100% with my display tank and let it swim in it for another week before I put it back into the main tank. All these is done in my QT, not in my main tank. As for my QT filters, I just change the wool. It's never advisable to treat ur main tank. Inhabitants are subjected to deaths. Try to QT sick fishes. I trap mine.