Zoa Tips and Help For Beginner

nicreef

• SRC Member

Dint really planned to keep Zoa at the start but den i started reading about it in this forum. Saw some bros here using egg crate etc to create space to keep zoa when i realized i got a live rock that has lots of holes (see attached).

Not too sure how to go about seeing if the zoa is good or how to get them attached to the hole in the rock. use epoxy or i saw some using plug (where to get them?)

thx for the advice in advance

post-19782-0-04403800-1362654330_thumb.j

• SRC Member

Well bro... It depend on how u wanna get it done. U can stick ur zoas directly to ur LR or u can stick it onto a frag plug. Wat u need is a gel glue. In general, zoas r hardy coral. So no issue how u wanna stick them. If u happen to dropby irwana, visit e frag room. Look out for joe or naz. Can get advise from them. Cheers...

• SRC Member

holes doesn't seem large enough to fit a frag plug in.. probably can directly glue the rock the zoa came with to this rock.. or drill this rock with holes and instert frag plugs in.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :