Is chlorine only chemical I should be concerned?

• SRC Member
Currently I have been using boiled water left overnight for water top-ups. i heard that by doing so...dont have to worry about the chlorine problem.. But is that safe enough?

Anyone can offer any tips or a better way to do it? Chemicals?  Thanks!

boiled water? oxygen tat are in there all gone too? tat's also chlorine,chloramine in the water. go get a anti-chlorine solution, will cost u abt $7-$12.. using seach#m prime now..

post-6-1075795425.jpg

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

firstly...now there is chloramine in our water, u need chemical addition to neutralise it....

seachem prime is one such product to use...there are many others...make sure you see chlorine and chloramine on the label...

boiling, i am not sure it will get rid of chlorine..but it definitely allows very little dissolved oxygen in the water, but since you are using it for top up, should not make a big difference...

so if the chlorine/chloramine thing is bothering you, go get a bottle of those chemical neutralizer stuff

• Sponsor

Indeed, SEACHEM PRIME is also capable of detoxifying ammonia and removing nitrites and nitrates. In fact, it is value for money in that a bottle treats over 2000l of water.

Don't be overly worried about chlorine. It is bad for fish in that it burns their gills but they get accustomed. At times when I am busy, I actually top up tap water for my office reef tank (not encouraged :unsure: )and the corals don't even retract. :blink:

• SRC Member

true.. some people are just too concerned about it. I use normal tap water for top & saltmix too. Anemones and shrimps, being inverts & sensitive to water change, are still surviving in my tank.

The most, if you want to be safe, leave tapwater overnight. I rather you spend that money on something more useful like kalk or somethin.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/