Help needed fighting micro bubble

erikokelf

• SRC Member

Hi guys i have been battling with micro bubble for many days but yet to resolve it at all.

I'm currently having a 2x2x1.5 foot tank with height being 1.5. After changing to a eheim universal 2400, i can see more and more micro bubble going into display tank.

Picture of sump configuration

post-17481-0-74971600-1366027059_thumb.jpost-17481-0-59593500-1366027061_thumb.j

The outlet of my skimmer is far from the return chamber with the intake of my reactor pump beside. I believe even there is micro bubble from the outlet, it will be taken in by the reactor pump.

On the left side where my refugium is, i have added filter socks to prevent excessive bubble from flowing down to the return chamber.

While on the right side of the sump where the water flow down from display tank is also filtered through filter socks and hence i believe there shouldn't be any micro bubble producing from there.

Just totally lost at the moment on what to do in order to stop the micro bubble from going back to the display tank.

I recall previously when i used a under powered return pump, i didn't have this problem at all.

Appreciate any help from any guru out there to help me with this battle :bow: . Due to the micro bubble my zoas is not really doing well as currently this tank is still new, i have only placed in zoas for the mean time.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Ur return pump area enough volume of water for circulation? Is your pump fully submerged in water? Your piping, any small opening?

Yes i have checked that part already. It's fully submerged and enough volume and i believe the piping fix perfectly.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Hmm.. coz I experienced an opening that sucked in air, resulted my tank got micro buble. After readjust it I solved my problem. Bro, my apology that I cant help you.

• SRC Member

Hmm.. coz I experienced an opening that sucked in air, resulted my tank got micro buble. After readjust it I solved my problem. Bro, my apology that I cant help you.

Appreciate your help bro. Thanks!

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Use a strong led light and shine your sump, is there micro bubble in the return pump section. If yes, check the source of it. If the source is from skimmer, then u can get those black sponge to block the bubble. Else u can off your skimmer and check if the problem continues.

• SRC Member

Just flash my touch on the sump to look for micro bubble but still doesn't help.

My return chamber is in acceptable level and i can't see any bubble from that chamber.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

If u stay east, i can help u take a look

Thanks for the kind gesture bro but sadly i stay north to be exact woodland.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Have you switched off your skimmer and check in your display tank whether there are still microbubbles going in there? I have a BM Nano QQ skimmer and microbubbles are flowing out from its outlet even with a black sponge covering it. Not sure whether your BM skimmer is causing the same thing to happen here.

• SRC Member

Yes i have switched off the skimmer to check but still the same.

Don't think its the skimmer that is the root cause of it.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Yes i have switched off the skimmer to check but still the same.

Don't think its the skimmer that is the root cause of it.

Is the water flowing down into the return portion causing the microbubbles?

if your sump where your return pump is located has no microbubbles, then most likely your piping has a small gap or hole which is causing the water to suck in air when it is been pumped back to display tank

Agree with Vtec..

Check the pipings..

There might be a possibility that your return is not strong enough, hence water going upwards are not filling the return pipe and a small pocket of air is inside, causing the bubbles..

Let us know?

Cheers,

4 x 2 x 1 low tank

DIY LED

Trying to minimise equipment as much as possible.

Would love to make new friends in the reefing community - PM me!

A short video of my tank on a Sunday morning

• SRC Member

Is the water flowing down into the return portion causing the microbubbles?

if your sump where your return pump is located has no microbubbles, then most likely your piping has a small gap or hole which is causing the water to suck in air when it is been pumped back to display tank

Agree with Vtec..

Check the pipings..

There might be a possibility that your return is not strong enough, hence water going upwards are not filling the return pipe and a small pocket of air is inside, causing the bubbles..

Let us know?

Cheers,

Thanks bros will look onto that today.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Sort of given up on this battle myself.

Any bro know any person that I could seek for assistance in resolving this?

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Troubleshoot stage by stage.. Off all Skimmers, fr, etc.. just on the return pump.. if there are still bubble then possible your piping may have issue.. the venturi effect.. If no bubbles with only the return on.. then easier to handle.. as this means bubbles from other equipment .. then use ladies panty hose.. weird.. but it works in my tank previously.. haha.. the mesh are finer.. haha. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

Thank you sir i will try again to see if it works.

But really been a long battle i really feel like giving up already and consult help from either LFS or bro out here.

I don't mind paying for it as long as it aids in resolving the issue because i wanna provide my inhabitant a good living condition.

Cheers!

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Thank you sir i will try again to see if it works.

But really been a long battle i really feel like giving up already and consult help from either LFS or bro out here.

I don't mind paying for it as long as it aids in resolving the issue because i wanna provide my inhabitant a good living condition.

Cheers!

Let me know if you need my help. We can arrange for a date for a visit. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Troubleshoot stage by stage.. Off all Skimmers, fr, etc.. just on the return pump.. if there are still bubble then possible your piping may have issue.. the venturi effect.. If no bubbles with only the return on.. then easier to handle.. as this means bubbles from other equipment .. then use ladies panty hose.. weird.. but it works in my tank previously.. haha.. the mesh are finer.. haha. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Bro tested with stocking but micro bubble still exist. I'm think it might be piping in this case but i can't really confirm.

Let me know if you need my help. We can arrange for a date for a visit. ;)

Yes bro that will be much appreciated, i'm really lost no idea what to do with this.

I will be willing to buy you lunch, dinner or token of appreciation if you could help me end this battle.

I'm just very concern if it's due to piping which i believe will be harder to tackle.

Cheers!

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Finally understand where's the root cause of my problem.

Special thanks to bro Gouldian for the help.

Guess i will let nature take it's cause for dirt to cover up the gap on my piping. :thumbsup:

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp