Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

I love the way you place your corals :-)

Thanks bro for the kind comments. It was tough initially due to corals constantly toppling as I didn't epoxy them properly. Still happens once in a while but less frequently now thankfully.

Great pics of the before and after :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed the pics bro. Really interesting sometimes to document the growth as I don't think I will notice it since I see them everyday until I compare them in pics

"Save a reef, grow your own"

great tank !

i love your gorgonians (please correct me if i'm wrong) in particular ! been trying to look for one...

thanks :) you can try getting the gorgonians from ah beng at pasir ris. He usually has ready stocks. I was there yesterday and there are at least 10 or more to choose from. All the best! Let me know if you need help to buy them over the weekend

That's all for the time being folks. Hope you have enjoyed the pics and good week ahead to all!

Ps: btw, if anyone has nice blue clams to let go, let me know pls. Been looking for one for a while. Crocea or maximas are ok for me. Current 'ultra' ones in the market seem too steep I feel.

thanks to a kind bro for the msg on his clam for sale. Finally my wait is over!!! Looking forward to collection on sat... Looks yummy from the pictures alone, and the price too!!!

thanks to a kind bro for the msg on his clam for sale. Finally my wait is over!!! Looking forward to collection on sat... Looks yummy from the pictures alone, and the price too!!!

just collected my clam from Eric! Thanks bro for such a nice gesture to share about your clam sales and also offering me the Mohawk zoas. Here is a picture of it 5 mins in the tank. Will post again once it opens fully Posted Image

• SRC Supporter

thanks bro. come back to reefing soon lah. Missed reading your tank threads in the past. Haha.

soon soon.. :)

you use to stay around tanjong pagar right? think i bgt zoas from you twice long ago..

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

Made 2 new discoveries today.

1) The pre mixed salt water I buy from aquamarin after a 5% water change somehow seems to cause my orange monti cap to stress big time and cause a bit of slime over it. Happens to 3 different orange montis at 3 different locations and only affects them. 2nd time happening. Looks like I may have to revert to mixing my own water again.

2) My calcium and Mg level has gone pretty low after 1 month of not monitoring. All else seems good though. Time for some balling.

Sg: 1.025

Cal: 385

dKH: 8.5

Mg: 1310

NO3: 0

PO4: 0

Upon a recommendation from a good friend working at the farm, I got this product to try.

There's Malaysia Boleh, Singapore Roar... And here I have Acro Power!!!!Posted Image

Been a fan of Julian sprung products honestly though I understand there's another school of thought that says don't buy things that you can't measure.

• SRC Member
Decided to try a copperband butterfly. Hope it doesn't nip at the corals. Was tempted after a trip to chek jawa yesterday and saw it on an exhibition panelvy2yqa2u.jpg5egedu7a.jpgga9avade.jpgarumunez.jpg
Hi Bro Mellow, How's your copperband doing? Is it feeding and when did you get it? Thanks

Hi Bro Mellow,How's your copperband doing? Is it feeding and when did you get it? Thanks

hi bro, copperband seems to be getting skinnier. It still hasn't started feeding on the mysis or pellets I've been throwing in. But I do notice that it forages for food and worms on the rocks though. Not sure how long that can sustain the chap though

Pretty funny day. Came home today to realise that because I've placed my clam too close to my orange digi, it decided to "frag" it....and very nice done some more. Save me the hassle as I've been wanting to trim it a little.

See the broken tip where orange digi is closest to the clamPosted Image

Upon a recommendation from a good friend working at the farm, I got this product to try.

There's Malaysia Boleh, Singapore Roar... And here I have Acro Power!!!!Posted Image

On a separate note, I don't think I've seen any noticeable change in coloration after using Acro Power. The growth is pretty decent for my

Sps still but at this point, I don't think it

can be attributed to the additive. Will update in another week since I'm going for the second dose already. Stay tuned

Been a fan of Julian sprung products honestly though I understand there's another school of thought that says don't buy things that you can't measure.

Here's the promise. I'll try to do a review in 1 week to see results in polyp extension and coloration since it claims tht there will e an effect after a few daysPosted Image

Stay tuned for updates

Sorry, think I messed up the earlier post.

On a separate note, I don't think I've seen any noticeable change in coloration after using Acro Power. The growth is pretty decent for my

Sps still but at this point, I don't think it

can be attributed to the additive. Will update in another week since I'm going for the second dose already.

Pretty funny day. Came home today to realise that because I've placed my clam too close to my orange digi, it decided to "frag" it....and very nice done some more. Save me the hassle as I've been wanting to trim it a little.

See the broken tip where orange digi is closest to the clamPosted Image

realised I've wrongfully suspected my clam for the fragged orange monti digi because I came back home today to another frag on the sandbed and the broken tip is nowhere near the clam.

Quite hilarious actually and I wonder who can be the culprit.Posted Image

See the location where it was broken at the bottom slight left of the below picturePosted Image