What is this?

• SRC Member

we have gotten this piece but so far its like pretty hardy. Its was in the shut down tank for a while (not sure how long). I have not seen it in any LFS.

Suspect is anenomi (not sure how to spell). coz it moves ard. But usually stays in a spot and tats it. Initially move the fellow to the front but it just moves to gaps of rocks. We are feeding 5 in 1 coral food. It has been with us for maybe 2 months. the color seems the same. Size has always been the same. so not sure if ok...but since everything the same for 2 months guess it should be ok? Will it grow bigger?

post-18437-0-26959000-1369729177_thumb.j

• SRC Member

Photo is off focus. Likely anemone.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Photo is off focus. Likely anemone.

its hp cam. sorry. basically like a fat mushroom. Maybe the word will be a carpet like. but very flexible as it creeps into really odd corners of rocks. Notice it doesnot really like light. Whenever we move it to the front of the tank placing a rock specially for this guy. he will just crawl back to back of the rocks and will always stay at the bottom. It doesnt run ard but stays in 1 spot all the time. after a few attempts we decided to let the fellow be where he likes and not move him anymore.

• SRC Member

Bleach means it is losing it's symbiotic zoox... It could be releasing due to excessive light or stressed out conditions.... Given the state of ur tank I will presume its the latter

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member

Bleach means it is losing it's symbiotic zoox... It could be releasing due to excessive light or stressed out conditions.... Given the state of ur tank I will presume its the latter

thx...will monitor. It does swell alittle..when tat happens the color is not so vivid....The color shd still remain vivid when swelling?

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

so jxler, you saw my dunno wat anemone. We moved the rock so that its expose to light. Its still at the same position again like not moving just a patch of color on the rock. the good thing is tat its not moving anywhere else.