Diatoms appeared do water change?

Patrick

• SRC Member

Dosing bacteria will prevent 'new tank sydrome'. Some brands will help keep NO3 & PO4 in check. Eg: reef resh from polylab.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

• SRC Member

Many brands of bacteria available out there, i feel its best to use multiple brands to introduce different strains into the system. <br /><br />Also the purpose of all these bacteria is to nitrify anyway :)

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member
Dose dose dose bacteria and water change is always a good idea :thumbsup:
Dosing bacteria will prevent 'new tank sydrome'. Some brands will help keep NO3 & PO4 in check. Eg: reef resh from polylab.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Many brands of bacteria available out there, i feel its best to use multiple brands to introduce different strains into the system.

Also the purpose of all these bacteria is to nitrify anyway :)

Thanks bros for your advice. I bought salt mix water from display tank of LFS hopefully will overcome new tank syndrome faster.

• SRC Member

I buy salt mix from LFS. When U said more regular water change may I ask how much water do u change each time and how often? I am concern will Changi water too often deplete bacteria? Or the bacteria should be in the sand and live rocks not much in water column?

• SRC Member

If u can afford the time, weekly change of 10-20% is good... <br /><br />U do not have to worry about bacteria as majority of them will host in the sand/liverock or any available medium... Ur bacteria dosing should be constant and not just only when cycling... Diatoms will naturally go away with good husbandry and maintenance...

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member
If u can afford the time, weekly change of 10-20% is good...

U do not have to worry about bacteria as majority of them will host in the sand/liverock or any available medium... Ur bacteria dosing should be constant and not just only when cycling... Diatoms will naturally go away with good husbandry and maintenance...

Thanks bro. Going to get good quality bacteria to dose.