My very first

I recently bought a wp-25 wave maker.. But it not suitable to use.. It too strong even I set to low.. I be selling off at 90$ retail price is 95$. Location to pass the good will be at punggol or marina square.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought a wp-25 wave maker.. But it not suitable to use.. It too strong even I set to low.. I be selling off at 90$ retail price is 95$. Location to pass the good will be at punggol or marina square. Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Think for ur nano tank anything more than 200/300 l/hr will be overkill le.

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

• 2 weeks later...

Yday went to buy a few fish, 3 chormis 2 dart fish 1 shrimp.. After acclimation about 2hr, I went ahead put in my tank.. I find that my pairs of clown inside feel happy swim around with the chormis and dart fish... All look well and exploring the tank.. There after I went out and when I came back 2 chormis and cleaning shrimp was bitten to death.. 1 chormis is injury and two dart fish went hiding... I m not sure what happened.. But I do suspect they been bully... In the tank I have two more goby 1 fire shrimp 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 Benny... The rest is intervertebral.

After that day all Ko... The new fishes I bought all been murder... 2 yellow dart fish, 3 chormis and 1 shrimp... But the rest of the old fishes all Ok... Mean in future if I will to add fish I have to take out clown first? I notice my big goby also now bullying my smaller one.. Hope they can endure another 2 more week....

• SRC Member

wa so many murdered :eyeblur: !

cheer up bro , jy !

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

Hi bro, Nitrite should be 0, nitrate high just get algae. Nitrite will kill. Stop adding livestock pls.

Bro thanks I think the test kits got problem.. Even after a month it still show 0.25ppm?? I m not sure why..

Upgrade to 2ft cube tank and it have been cycling for 3week nows.. Try to be patient.. While waiting every week for it to past by.. The only thing I can do is scape, rescape, rescape and rescape lol.

Hope this big house will be gd for the fish =))

All this can workout and must thanks to sprinter for really been helpful and Foc to mi Alot of his stuffs.

Below is the picture of the new tank and sump.. Still lots to learn though..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyone can advice how this work I m running bio pellet and po4x4. Can I connect it the same way? Pic was taken from one of the reefer selling it. Posted Image

Will the sticky water after bio pellet affect po4 media?

I May suggest reversed way

That is likely, but you may need the higher flow for bio pellets which is generally heavier than po4 media and clumps together easily..

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

Bought some fish and regretted some..

Thought of giving dottyback one more chance.. But it really too aggressive.. In order to catch him.. I have to take out a few rock.. After catching him end up rescape..

List of fish:

Power blue tang small

Blue tang small

Power brown tang medium

Chromis x2

Black Ocellaris Clownfish - pair

Orange Spotted Goby

Court Jester Goby

Hector's Goby

Scooter Dragonet

Invert:

Cleaner Shrimp x2

Blood Red Fire Shrimp x2

Bumble Bee Snail

Nassarius Snail x2

Turban Snail

Coral:

Yet to come...

I like those coral that will wave and flow with the water..

Wish list:

Royal gamma pair

Neon goby

Red scooter

Midas Benny

Hammer coral

Torch coral

Tube coral

Starbust

Plan tree

Frog spawn

Wanna get a small crab that is reef safe too

Future when more small fish come in will have to gave up the tangs zzzzz

Posted Image

Side viewPosted Image

Posted Image

Few of the rock got diatoms cover.. Not sure I should take put and boil and scrub it..

Got a hang on filter on top to clean the sand swimming in the water.. Will remove soon..

Bro, yours is a fairly new tank. Diatoms (brown algae) are normal. Getting some more turbo snails should help you a little. Don't take your rocks out to boil, you'll kill it and all the bacteria thats already in there. Then you have to re-cycle the tank again, and longer this time. What water are you using for your top up? You should stock a little slower though.

Thanks A... Mw1611 hee yeah will leave it as it is.. Tomorrow going pasir Ris to see see got more snail to get =) thanks for the advice. Will get phosban to remove the po4 =)

FTank currently running ²ft cube Sock filter with baterical king Skimz m161 skimmer H2ocean reactor 1x biopellet H2ocean reactor 1x po4x4 Notice my tangs have white spot when they are stress after I put in the brown tang which is bigger size. After I have remove the brown tang they visit the cleaner shrimp more often and after a night, their white spot has been greatly reduced. Interesting my other fish have not been spread to it. I have also notice that, they are more happy. Is that mean I can't add any more tangs? Or I have introduced it in a wrong way? I am more enjoyable of watching small fish and small tangs swimming. I am slowly wanting to bring in more coral but would like to make sure what I am getting ahead and ready if anything when wrong.. Through this journey I have learn Alot. It a never ending learning but will want to create a natural reef with happy journey, not easy but can be done =) Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta