Bactor 7 and bio fuel

Patrick

• SRC Member

Hi any bros using these pdts? Would appreciate it if bros can share how often to dose and how many drops per dose. Need to turn off skimmer? Mine is a OF nano 34l tank with soft corals GSP and mushrooms. Running for month. Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member

U will need to check your NO3 & PO4 level 1st to determine which dosage to follow for the MB7, whether your tank belongs to high nutrient or low nutrient types. If u dun have test kits, then follow the dosage for high nutrient. MB7 will not cause adverse effects even if overdose, only wastage of the MB7 only. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

• SRC Member
U will need to check your NO3 & PO4 level 1st to determine which dosage to follow for the MB7, whether your tank belongs to high nutrient or low nutrient types. If u dun have test kits, then follow the dosage for high nutrient. MB7 will not cause adverse effects even if overdose, only wastage of the MB7 only.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Got it! I m worried of overdose cuz I used ocean free super 8000 and overdosed crashed the tank. Thanks bro!

Got it! I m worried of overdose cuz I used ocean free super 8000 and overdosed crashed the tank. Thanks bro!

Sign of bacteria over dose is tank turn cloudy. If happen to be cloudy stop dosing and montior for a few day. Be more careful on bio fuel. If you got bad bacteria it can also become food source for them too.

• SRC Member

Sign of bacteria over dose is tank turn cloudy. If happen to be cloudy stop dosing and montior for a few day. Be more careful on bio fuel. If you got bad bacteria it can also become food source for them too.

Thanks bro. So I should dose bactor7 for a few days before starting bio fuel ?

Thanks bro. So I should dose bactor7 for a few days before starting bio fuel ?

If your no3 is high u can start dosing your bio fuel straight. Only if you see red slim stop your bio fuel

• SRC Member

For MB7, if you are using dosage for high nutrient, you will need to dose daily 1.8ml. After 2 weeks, u can switch to weekly dosage at 5ml per 189L, ~1ml for 34L. You must off your skimmer for 4 hours. If you have UV, that also must be off for 4 hours. For biofuel (something similar to carbon dosing), you will need to dose daily to be effective. For your 34L, you will need to dose around 0.8ml (for high nutrient tank). When your PO4 & NO3 become immeasurable or nearly so (using test kits), you can switch to 'low nutrient' dosage which will be around 5ml per 378.5L, your 34L will be 0.44ml. All this info is taken from www.brightwellaquatics.com which, dosage is indicated on your bottle labels too. For Super bacteria 8000, there is no need to add 2 different brands of bacteria concurrently. Using together will wastage. As Bro kakani mentioned, take note of red slim. For brightwell products, their instruction is quite lenghty. Need to read slowly & understand what they mean.

• SRC Member
If your no3 is high u can start dosing your bio fuel straight. Only if you see red slim stop your bio fuel
For MB7, if you are using dosage for high nutrient, you will need to dose daily 1.8ml. After 2 weeks, u can switch to weekly dosage at 5ml per 189L, ~1ml for 34L. You must off your skimmer for 4 hours. If you have UV, that also must be off for 4 hours. For biofuel (something similar to carbon dosing), you will need to dose daily to be effective. For your 34L, you will need to dose around 0.8ml (for high nutrient tank). When your PO4 & NO3 become immeasurable or nearly so (using test kits), you can switch to 'low nutrient' dosage which will be around 5ml per 378.5L, your 34L will be 0.44ml. All this info is taken from http://www.brightwellaquatics.com'>www.brightwellaquatics.com which, dosage is indicated on your bottle labels too. For Super bacteria 8000, there is no need to add 2 different brands of bacteria concurrently. Using together will wastage. As Bro kakani mentioned, take note of red slim. For brightwell products, their instruction is quite lenghty. Need to read slowly & understand what they mean.
Thank you bros for your advice. Will try to buy a syringe to be more accurate.

34l OF nano tank

then may I recommend you go by per drop basis?

34L is not really a very big volume. If you go by the instructions given on the bottles, I think you'll get bacteria and cyano outbreak.

Mb7 is potent stuff.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
then may I recommend you go by per drop basis? 34L is not really a very big volume. If you go by the instructions given on the bottles, I think you'll get bacteria and cyano outbreak. Mb7 is potent stuff.
Thanks for confirming my thoughts! Appreciate all advice from all the bros.

• SRC Member

Bactor 7. The instruction for low nutrient tank is 2 drops per gallon or 38l ONE WEEK. Mine is 34l tank so roughly 16 drops per week which is about 2 drops per day. However, the next line stated not more than 1 drop per 50 gallon per day. How to interpret this?

What is the method to dose to yield good result for 33l tank. Dose how many drops at one go per week? Or is it better to spread dose over a few days?

post-4883-0-55387400-1370909688_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Bactor 7. The instruction for low nutrient tank is 2 drops per gallon or 3.8l ONE WEEK. Mine is 34l tank minus displacement due to sand and rocks so roughly 16 drops per week which is about 2 drops per day. However, the next line stated not more than 1 drop per 50 gallon per day. How to interpret this? What is the method to dose to yield good result for 34l tank. Dose how many drops at one go per week? Or is it better to spread dose over a few days?

• SRC Member
I'll halve that 16 and dose 8. More control and better judgement as a result.
Then slowly ramp up wherever necessary. If all are good, 8 is my magic number.
Thanks bro. So it's at one go 8 drops per week? Is it the same for biofuel? Will follow your magic number... Thanks so much again.

I'll do it like 2 drops a day till I hit 8 in a week for mb7. Biofuel will be 1 drop a day for 4 days in a week.

monitor the tank and hair algae growth. If too much hair algae, stop and change water or if you think you can handle it. Increase your dosage of mb7 and biofuel proportionally ie. 2 drop mb7 1 drop biofuel and so forth.

if got cyano , change water and reduce biofuel dosage.

Patience is the key here

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

I'll do it like 2 drops a day till I hit 8 in a week for mb7. Biofuel will be 1 drop a day for 4 days in a week.

monitor the tank and hair algae growth. If too much hair algae, stop and change water or if you think you can handle it. Increase your dosage of mb7 and biofuel proportionally ie. 2 drop mb7 1 drop biofuel and so forth.

if got cyano , change water and reduce biofuel dosage.

Patience is the key here

You got skimmer?

Thanks bro. Really appreciate your advice. I have a skimmer ... Will turn it off for 4 hours when I dose.