Help on Skimz SM121

Cruzer

Hi All, need help on SM121 which i just purchased. The moment i on the skimmer, witin few secs it overflows out of the cup. no matter how i adjust the flow tube, it doesnt helps. i have also adjusted the the skimmer higher by placing something below it... thks.

• SRC Member

Tune to dryer skim by adjusting the micro valve clockwise direction. For air, full close then open a bit. From there, adjust very slowly both the air or/& the micro valve till u can see the level of water at halfway of the skimmer cup neck. From there, adjust after every few hours for fine tuning. This is a powerful skimmer, no need too much air. It is like stepping too much on the accelerator of a ferrari.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

Also, place your skimmer in a place of your sump where the water level will be constant & the water level is within the skimmer recommended level.

Also, place your skimmer in a place of your sump where the water level will be constant & the water level is within the skimmer recommended level.

Hi thks, will try again tonite when home.

• SRC Member

Hi, a photo of my Skimz SM161 to let u have a reference of where the level between the water & air bubbles would be.

post-14739-13709140346742_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Thks, one question I realised that I do not have the air tubing attached. Is tis essential?

Are you referring to the air tubing connected to the inlet of the pump?

• SRC Member

Look again at the manual & make sure everything are connected & in place. Every parts are there for some reason & most important, to function properly as a whole.

Look again at the manual & make sure everything are connected & in place. Every parts are there for some reason & most important, to function properly as a whole.

Ok thks, i will look thru it again tonite.

• 2 weeks later...
Thks, one question I realised that I do not have the air tubing attached. Is tis essential?
The air tubing allows air to go into your chamber so that the skimmer can generate the bubbles hence the skimmate. If its unattached, clear water just overflow out almost no matter where ur water level is with respect to the skimmer. It happened o mine when e air tubing came loose too:)

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

• 3 weeks later...