Polyp-lab Bio-sphere with Biopellet

erikokelf

• SRC Member

Any bro out there have tried using both Biopellet together with polyp-lab bio-sphere for nitrate reduction.

Done some reading online that although both are carbon source for bacteria but are 2 different material biopellet being degradable polymer while bio-sphere made of yeast.

My main concern is that will using both cause extremely low oxygen level?

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Any bro out there have tried using both Biopellet together with polyp-lab bio-sphere for nitrate reduction.

Done some reading online that although both are carbon source for bacteria but are 2 different material biopellet being degradable polymer while bio-sphere made of yeast.

My main concern is that will using both cause extremely low oxygen level?

i did use it on my now old tank. dint seem to have any issue even when i removed my skimmer to new tank (but than again this was after my tank crash and no more lifestock beside LPS and Zoas)

Always make sure the tank is sufficiently aerated when using liquid/solid carbon sources. While most people do not measure dissolved oxygen, pH is often a good indicator. If your kH is well in range but pH is below 8.0, your water has excess carbon dioxide due to increase in bacterial growth which needs to be driven out either via protein skimmers or other form of aeration.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

i did use it on my now old tank. dint seem to have any issue even when i removed my skimmer to new tank (but than again this was after my tank crash and no more lifestock beside LPS and Zoas)

Thanks for the info bro, my main concern is more on fishes i believe coral should do better under lower oxygen level with comparison to fishes.

Always make sure the tank is sufficiently aerated when using liquid/solid carbon sources. While most people do not measure dissolved oxygen, pH is often a good indicator. If your kH is well in range but pH is below 8.0, your water has excess carbon dioxide due to increase in bacterial growth which needs to be driven out either via protein skimmers or other form of aeration.

Thanks bro fuel for the pointer. Will definitely take note of the indication.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp