Help! Fish got into internal overflow

mw1611

Anyone got any advise how to get my fishes out of the overflow area? My cleaner wrasse and 1 chromis got in there and I can't get them out.. Quite hard to maneuver in there due to the pipings.. I tired a small net but of course with the limited space, I won't win the fish's agility. Any advise?

Thanks! :)

2 suggestion I did before...

1. stop the return pump, siphon the water from overflow until lower level so that easier to catch the fish. this method a bit tedious but fast and straight forward....

2. if your tank height allowed. slow down the overflow let the water level increase higher than overflow.. your fish will swim out for food eventually. this method need patient and may take a few day for fish to coming out.

Your tank got aggressive fishes?

Cheers and Happy Reefing..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

2 suggestion I did before...

1. stop the return pump, siphon the water from overflow until lower level so that easier to catch the fish. this method a bit tedious but fast and straight forward....

2. if your tank height allowed. slow down the overflow let the water level increase higher than overflow.. your fish will swim out for food eventually. this method need patient and may take a few day for fish to coming out.

Your tank got aggressive fishes?

Thanks bro. I think I'll try the siphoning one. But I'll needa get a new siphon first. Haha.. old one spoilt a couple of weeks back. I hope the fishes can wait. Meanwhile I'll drop some food in for them.

Hmm.. I don't exactly have agressive fishes. Whats inside now are a school of chromis, a flame hawk, a melanurus wrasse that just stays at the bottom under a the shade of a rock, a pair of picasso. Thats it.

Thanks bro. I think I'll try the siphoning one. But I'll needa get a new siphon first. Haha.. old one spoilt a couple of weeks back. I hope the fishes can wait. Meanwhile I'll drop some food in for them.

Hmm.. I don't exactly have agressive fishes. Whats inside now are a school of chromis, a flame hawk, a melanurus wrasse that just stays at the bottom under a the shade of a rock, a pair of picasso. Thats it.

Bro Kevin, another thing need to take note were to ensure don't stir debris while adding water. water in with slow rate. You can try siphon all the residue and debris.

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Thanks for the advise! :) just wondering if I use the siphoning method, when I turn off my return pump, will the fishes get sucked into the pipe down to the filter wool area? Haha..

• SRC Member

Cover it with some netting. Bro also take note to try use net with bigger "holes" so it won't caught the fish fin on it.

There's once my flame hawk jump inside my overflow box and while catching him, his gill got stuck to the net and the poor fellow got injured.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Sadly dead already he's about 2 years plus with me.

So after i learn that lesson i no longer use those regular nets to catch fish maybe become more kiasu liao.

I'm using sifter now to handle all my fish which i also notice it's a common item in LFS.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Thanks for the heads up bro.. I think this one no choice gotta use net leh.. Cause the overflow after siphoning out the water will be so deep down.. In fact.. net also got problem man.. haha.. But yup! most of the LFS I see all use sifters.. Or be as skillful as Henry, just use a box/small guppy tank.. haha