white vingar to reduce nitrates

• SRC Member

Sounds like ur tank just went under another cycle. Your heavily rock scape might be trapping too much debris. With the kh and ph fluctuating so much, your corals might suffer.

And I'm ur sand bed too thick. I'll only go for 1inch thick. Such thick sand bed will cost problem in the long run..

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

did WC on Sun abt 40%. kH & GH tested yesterday was about 9. BUT the shocking thing is NO3 is 100mg/l. and N02 is 25! its like even worst then before dosing. plus I have bio-sphere in the sump. No wonder the skimmer was like half a cup full before water change. suspect it maybe died fishes as I have not seen my 2 angel for a few days. The problem will be tat the scape is heavily rocked and to even try to find them will be a nightmare. plus may coz the parameter to go haywire.

BTW the sand bed is about 3-4inch in the front part and rear abot 6inch

Bio-sphere is also carbon source and I wouldn't use bio-sphere together with vinegar/vodka/sugar as you will only introduce too much carbon.

Since, you already have bio-sphere, I will suggest you stop all form of carbon dosing to avoid overdose of carbon which will screw your tank up big time.

I will also advise stopping all activities except for water change until your NO2 is zero and your NO3 is below 5ppm. Do this first and then slowly twitch other imperfections in your set-up. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Bio-sphere is also carbon source and I wouldn't use bio-sphere together with vinegar/vodka/sugar as you will only introduce too much carbon.

Since, you already have bio-sphere, I will suggest you stop all form of carbon dosing to avoid overdose of carbon which will screw your tank up big time.

I will also advise stopping all activities except for water change until your NO2 is zero and your NO3 is below 5ppm. Do this first and then slowly twitch other imperfections in your set-up. ;)

thx for the comment. Will do tat,.....actually the swing started after dosing.....but we do notice the water is clearer. anyways, my parents did a major WC today. so lets see how its goes.