SUMP OR HANGOVER SKIMMER?

My new tank is 3ft .x1.25 . was wondering if i should DIY a sump first than get a skimmer, or i just skip the sump and straight away get a hang over deltec skimmer.

Any advise? Also please let me know how i can DIY a sump for my tank if possible ! :)

Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member

If I were you ... I would get a 2nd hand tank from reefer here ,with 1k budget I think you can get tank plus skimmer return pump all that

• Like 1

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

If I were you ... I would get a 2nd hand tank from reefer here ,with 1k budget I think you can get tank plus skimmer return pump all that

But i've just bought this new tank , so i dont think i'll be intending to get a second one..

• SRC Member

Get a hang on back... You can use this tank to see how passion are you into marine... then next tank plan and research before you get any...

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Get a hang on back... You can use this tank to see how passion are you into marine... then next tank plan and research before you get any...

Not rly planning to get a next tank :( budget is low.

• SRC Member

hang on skimmer can be noisy as its outside. if you have sump, chances are it is in an enclosed cabinet. i would go for sump. and u dont really need a very expensive skimmer. those BM skimmer can be sufficient.