My humble lions tank

angry

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Lions are generally hardy to a certain extent. Antennata is pretty alright i guess, i dun really have much experience with them although i sold away one recently. The one that i previously got was fine and healthy living in the tank. It just needed alot of space to hide, very shy fish i suppose.

• SRC Member
Hey bro,

writing this from kiwiland heeheeheee. Life's too good here that i dun wana come home. Well...yeah, will let you guys know when i come back which i certainly hope not haaaahaaaahaaaa.

This home here is wicked man!

Your lions can only withstand hunger for 2 weeks. So if you are not coming home, I suggest you mail me your keys so that I can help myself to transfer your lions (tanks and accessories as well) to my office. :pirate::evil:

• SRC Member

Dear all

Went to RB and SL today. Just some updates on lions from these 2 places.

RB - A few volitans, dwarfs and couple of antennatas. Sizes range from 2+ inches to 4+ inches. Only saw 1 black volitan of abt 3+ inch. IMHO, colours not very appealing. Saw a <3 inch volitan, but colour was very light, not even red.

SL - Left 4 dwarfs at the back of the shop. From @ 2 inches to nearly 4 inches. Have been there for quite a while. Probably acclimitised to the LFS by now. :P

• SRC Member
what other fish are good to keep with lions? currently i got 2 volations, 1 maroon clown, 1 panther grouper and a yellow angel.

So long as the fish cannot fit into the lion's mouth, I think it's quite safe. I have been keeping a dottyback with my lions.

On a separate note, you need to look out of the bioload - panthers and volitans can be quite heavy in that. :heh:

• SRC Member
roger that, i got a 5 ft tank, there's some buffer for the bio load and i'm working on sufficient filtration. currently fish still quite small so not so bad yet. :)

Ok, then you may want to look out the other issue - growth rate of your fishes. Your panther and volitans will probably grow faster than your clown, or any other fish which may subsequently be introduced. If you are unlucky, your clown may eventually end up as food when the panther or volitans are big enough.

:evil::evil:

• SRC Member
Hey bro,

the lance fish from RB is the frozen type. My lions luv it and i'm sure your angler will too. The angler used to feed on market prawns, u can do that:) Bet it must be a big bugger by now yeah?

For old time's sake. :P

Miss my angler? :yeah:

post-34-1081338596.jpg

• SRC Member
Hey bro,

the lance fish from RB is the frozen type. My lions luv it and i'm sure your angler will too. The angler used to feed on market prawns, u can do that:) Bet it must be a big bugger by now yeah?

Hey Angry

Guess what! I tried feeding my angler with the frozen lance fish; and surprisingly it accepted it!! :yeah::yeah: Looks like no need to feed live anymore. :D:angel: Anyway, will try another couple of times and see if this is consistent.

• SRC Member
i feed guppy to my frogfish than vomit n die... btw u receive my pm can i keep 3of them together can>?

:huh: U mean your angler vomitted the guppy and (angler) died? Maybe the guppy was contaminated. My condolences.

As for your question to whether the volitan, antennata and snowflake eel can live in harmony, I have no idea. Shd be no problem for the lions, but I am not sure about the eel.