angry

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

U got pics? :D

Is it feeding on frozen already?

I'm afraid u will have to wean it bro cos i have been generous with that guy with live mollies. i guess it should be fully recovered by now. Sorry, i forgot the pic again :pinch:

• SRC Member

Russelli is somewhat similar to volitan, i think.

Hey Angry, can share your xperience? U used to have a russell right?

Yeah, used to have one that is really beautiful but its a shame i din managed to get it on camera. The only problem i face with this guy is that its hard to wean and not as hardy as the volitan i suppose. It was introduced together with the witch king but alas...deceased after a white spot hit.

• SRC Member
but have u seen a russeli before?until now i usualy go farms until now cannot see any le...mostly cna see is antenata...y do u say antenata difficult to rear?is it because of the fins?

Russelli is harder to spot in most lfs compared to the volitans and also you must be equipped with visual knowledge of a russelli to be able to recognise one:) i'm afraid. Check out some of the links we posted on lions to get the better facts:)

• SRC Member

Bro volitan, i will try to post a pic tomolo yeah. Hey, i saw one big muther@#$#@! frogfish at

###### farm yesterday man but its a shame the guys dunno how to handle the fish:( i think chances are its going to pass on as IT GULPS IN TOO MUCH AIR with much aid from the f@#king handler! :evil:

• SRC Member

Hi folks!

good to find you guys in your little lions discussion den here. Haven't kept lions for awhile now, the last time was four years back when i had to give up my volitan and russelli to go abroad for studies. But recently had the chance to have an aquarium at home again! :evil: Just overhauled my old three feet tank and changed to a new three feet which runs a sump. Planning to have lions, stonies and other scorpaenidaes. Of course not forgetting Anglers! I did not know about SRC when i used to keep lions and boy am i glad to have found this place and likeminded aquarists like you! You will see me more often in your thread from now on bro Angry! ;)

• SRC Member
Bro volitan, i will try to post a pic tomolo yeah. Hey, i saw one big muther@#$#@! frogfish at

###### farm yesterday man but its a shame the guys dunno how to handle the fish:( i think chances are its going to pass on as IT GULPS IN TOO MUCH AIR with much aid from the f@#king handler! :evil:

Convenient to tell me which farm is that bro? And how big was the angler?

• SRC Member
Hi folks!

good to find you guys in your little lions discussion den here. Haven't kept lions for awhile now, the last time was four years back when i had to give up my volitan and russelli to go abroad for studies. But recently had the chance to have an aquarium at home again! :evil: Just overhauled my old three feet tank and changed to a new three feet which runs a sump. Planning to have lions, stonies and other scorpaenidaes. Of course not forgetting Anglers! I did not know about SRC when i used to keep lions and boy am i glad to have found this place and likeminded aquarists like you! You will see me more often in your thread from now on bro Angry! ;)

Verru,

Looks like we have very similar taste - 1st angler, now lions. :lol:

• SRC Member
I'm afraid u will have to wean it bro cos i have been generous with that guy with live mollies. i guess it should be fully recovered by now. Sorry, i forgot the pic again :pinch:

:shock: U feed mollies to a 2-inch lion? :ooh: I think 1 mollie will fill the fella at least 3 days. Why not feed with glass shrimps instead?

• SRC Member
but have u seen a russeli before?until now i usualy go farms until now cannot see any le...mostly cna see is antenata...y do u say antenata difficult to rear?is it because of the fins?

Antennata are usually less active, so it may give pple a mis-impression that it does not require a lot of space. Then pple start to overstock, then bioload explodes... That is on top of the fact that they are more difficult to wean to accept non-live food.

• SRC Member
Hahaha...yes we do bro volitan!

Will definitely jio you go lion hunting once my tank is ready! :evil:

U r now cycling your tank? I thought you have an established tank already...

As for lion/angler hunting, no problem. Can fix it some time. :lol:

• SRC Member

Yes bro..i "HAD" an already established tank.

Recently upgraded to a tank with sump. So now cycling water again. But nevertheless i still have another cycled 2 feet. So do let me know if you guys come across any nice lions!

• SRC Member
Yes bro..i "HAD" an already established tank.

Recently upgraded to a tank with sump. So now cycling water again. But nevertheless i still have another cycled 2 feet. So do let me know if you guys come across any nice lions!

So you are starting a 2nd tank (with sump)? Perhaps you want to showcase your tank too. :P It can be a new thread, or continue from here (if Angry is not angry :lol: ).

How big is the tank currently undergoing cycling?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Convenient to tell me which farm is that bro? And how big was the angler?

Hi Veru,

welcome to the forum:) Good to learn of another friend with the same hobby and taste. Sorry for thelate reply, have been away for reservice and have not touch the comp since. I last saw it at ###### farm but i seriously dun think that guy is gona survive. Will keep a lookout for you my friend.

• SRC Member

So you are starting a 2nd tank (with sump)? Perhaps you want to showcase your tank too. :P It can be a new thread, or continue from here (if Angry is not angry :lol: ).

How big is the tank currently undergoing cycling?

Aiyar, no problem dudes, please feel free to expedite this thread:) Hey bro volitan, the the dwarf is still waiting for you inmy sump tank leh!

• SRC Member

My three ft not ready yet but here are some pics of it cycling with partial live rocks and some dead rocks for structure support, which i got free from a friend ..hehe..pocket tight so no choice lah. :P And also my two feet at the meantime. Abit messy cause i dump some livestock from my previous three feet inside.

post-34-1087487176.jpg