So what's next?

digleftnose

• SRC Member

Hi guys, i just finished setting up my tank with live rock and sand. Its been running for about a week already. Now do i have to add any suppliments or additives? Or i just wait for the right time to start putting in inhabitants? And anyway, i haven't turned on my skimmer yet. Should i?

• SRC Member

Hi guys thanks for all the info! After much reading, i just dumped 2 market prawns into the tank!

Question is, is 2 enough? I have a 4 by 2 by 2 tank. And another, do i have to plant the prawn in the sand? Cause all i hear them say is dump in the tank....

• SRC Member

Hi guys thanks for all the info! After much reading, i just dumped 2 market prawns into the tank!

Question is, is 2 enough? I have a 4 by 2 by 2 tank. And another, do i have to plant the prawn in the sand? Cause all i hear them say is dump in the tank....

yup should be good enuf and yes just dump. u can dose bacteria to help aid the cycling

image-2.jpg Am I left with a water change then i'm good to go Nope bro ur water cycle is not fully done There's still ammonia level there Wait till it reaches 0 & u can do 50% water change Do check ur perimeter again after water change Dun hurry on putting LS Patience is the key Cheers

do stock up your fishes very very slowly, the most one per week. this gives your bacteria colony to 'catch up' with the new bioload. Do it slowly and do it right, less headache/problems and lesser risk of your LS dying.

do remember to read up on acclimation for LS

banner_9.aspx?id=kraken&t=8

• SRC Member

My dad just dumped three angel fish into the tank..... (Slap forehead)

oh no D: good luck keeping them alive :/ I guess you should try to return them, keep at an established tank while waiting or sell/give the fish to another owner. I know your dad may have paid good money for the fish but it is better if another owner has it and take care of it properly than for it to die in your tank

Another thing, next time you should acclimate the fish into the tank. Go watch YouTube to see how to acclimate your fish. They need time to adjust to your water parameters and temperature, and the shock from the sudden change can be fatal to them

• SRC Member

Oh and even when your cycling is complete don't stock your fish so fast. Angel fish have a high bioload and may produce more nitrates and nitrites for the tank inhabitants to handle without the proper bacteria in place. I guess with your tank size you may get away with it but I don't encourage to stock so fast. Try to add them one at a time before your tank becomes established