Need Help to Raise Magnesium Level

dunkuboyz

Hi all,

Did a test with Salifert test today.... it seems my Magnesium level is super low at 240ppm.... Don't understand how it went so low... Anyway, Calcium in return was ridiculously low at 60!!
Don't know how it's possible, but all corals and fish are healthy and happy....

Now, the question is, what is the best method to boost Magnesium level? I used the reef calculator and for my 450G tank, it'll take like 26litres of Mg supplement... Just doesn't sound right, for the pocket... smile.gif
Any advice?

alkalinity is also low at 6.0dKh . Was at 5dKh 2 days ago. Just started my calcium reactor (with Rowalith C+ and dolomite media) since the past 24hrs.

Any advice?

Thanks

My bad guys.... my bad....

I read it wrongly. Instead of directly reading the readings off the syringe, I actually calculated the amount of reagent used and tabulated it with the chart!

i've never seen any tank with such low parameters, my guess is that either your kits are spoilt or you didnt do it properly.

I didn't read it properly.....user problem..... that was what I was trying to figure out when my readings were not what my tank seems to be....

u sure ur KH so low? wats ur pH? i will say 6pH? cun be rite? unless u soften the water....which is common practice in aro and sting rays. but we still use CC to buffer.

Sorry, my bad....... read wrongly.... The right KH would be 9.3 instead of 6...... Mg is at 1200, low, but at least not 300!!!!

Thanks guys.... my bad!

I also encounter this problem recently.. Then I keep adding mg.. Afterwards I feel weird then I change test kit.. New kit shows my mg at 1600ppm.. Concluded my salifert expired.. Lucky corals still happy..

Did you read the readings off the syringe directly?? Well, that was where I made the mistake! We're not suppose to calculate the reagent used. Rather, we should withdraw 1 ml of reagent and the final reading of syringe plunger should be used to tabulate the results.