Need Help on Equipment

akina28

• SRC Member

first ur house finance minister have to give budget...if not very difficult.....equipments need money. for a start maybe just fishes with weekly WC. corals and all need more consideration with filteration. so do the planning properly. its nice to set up corals but without set up. it no matter wat corals even fishes will die off.

• SRC Member

first ur house finance minister have to give budget...if not very difficult.....equipments need money. for a start maybe just fishes with weekly WC. corals and all need more consideration with filteration. so do the planning properly. its nice to set up corals but without set up. it no matter wat corals even fishes will die off.

+1 on that. You should find what's in your budget to ensure that your tank inhabitants are happy. Try to get reliable (and cheap) equipment. No need to get the super high end equipments with starter corals, but once you progress to sps then you'll need better equipment. I suggest you make a list of what fish and corals you want to get and do a little research, so you can then set up a tank to the best of the inhabitants preference. Like that you can save cost and only get what you need :)

yup true hahaha. got permission from my finance minister starting from next month max 300 to get the equipment or 100 on fish or coral every month but only can chose 1 every month so if buy equipment than that month cannot buy fish or coral :( but first thing next month is to change a better skimmer hahahahah

• Like 1

+1 on that. You should find what's in your budget to ensure that your tank inhabitants are happy. Try to get reliable (and cheap) equipment. No need to get the super high end equipments with starter corals, but once you progress to sps then you'll need better equipment. I suggest you make a list of what fish and corals you want to get and do a little research, so you can then set up a tank to the best of the inhabitants preference. Like that you can save cost and only get what you need :)

ohhh but what type of coral is a good starter coral and have many many color?

• SRC Member

ohhh but what type of coral is a good starter coral and have many many color?

mushrooms and zoanthids(subjective to breed) are a good starter for corals. They are easily fed and hardy corals. If you want to get zoanthids I suggest getting the cheap $5 unnamed ones at most fish shops. They aren't so heavy on your wallet and they are the hardier of the zoanthids(most of the time :P) try to research a bit before you buy anything cos some corals need certain elements in the water and different types of food. For food asking the lfs what he gives them can be good cos if they eat it at his shop they will most likely eat it in your tank

mushrooms and zoanthids(subjective to breed) are a good starter for corals. They are easily fed and hardy corals. If you want to get zoanthids I suggest getting the cheap $5 unnamed ones at most fish shops. They aren't so heavy on your wallet and they are the hardier of the zoanthids(most of the time :P) try to research a bit before you buy anything cos some corals need certain elements in the water and different types of food. For food asking the lfs what he gives them can be good cos if they eat it at his shop they will most likely eat it in your tank

hmmm okie okie thanks alot bro

• SRC Member

Any recommendation on chiller for a 3ft x 1.8 x 1.5 tank?

as your tank is around 60gallons, ill say a hailea 1/15 hp would be the cheapest reliable option(~sgd350). You can check out other more expensive brands like jbj if you have a bigger budget
  • Like 1

• SRC Member

It depends on your area where u place your tank. I think 1/15 Abit small. Was using an artica 1/10 for my 322. Doesn't really do the job well. Upgraded to a 1/2 hailea and happy with its performance. My tank is in my factory. So it's Abit hotter then normal house.

It depends on your area where u place your tank. I think 1/15 Abit small. Was using an artica 1/10 for my 322. Doesn't really do the job well. Upgraded to a 1/2 hailea and happy with its performance. My tank is in my factory. So it's Abit hotter then normal house.

hmmm i see.. i guess i will try out 150a and see how its goes if not doing good than i upgrade

• SRC Member

Get a 1/4 HP chiller if you don't want to stress out the chiller .

Even my Teco TR10 1/8 chiller took 45 min to cool 1 degree of my 3x 1.5x1.5' planted tank to 27c so

do your calculations.