Keeping Sohal Tang

sugi

• SRC Member

ashidiq,

Want to keep tang ?

Try the yellow or Brown Tang.

They are very hardy.

Others like powder ... blue..brown, blue tang and so on are very prune to ich.

Eventhough you have good water quality, other fish can stress your tank and cause it to ich.

• SRC Member
Benz...

My rock volume can be seen on the overall tank pic.

If you have convincing way of catching the brown tang withouy disruting my set up, i will let you catch it and give it to you.

Swear... :D

you are on.. :D

So where do you stay...

• SRC Member

Hi sugi...remember me....bought MH from you....I am the joker whom Mr Triggerpuff is referring....hehehe :P

You MH is working very well and some of my corals (depriving from lights) are recovering...especially my twin brain and blue sea fan..... ;)

TWRS,

Please advise how to catch those fish ?

I want to remove my Brown Tang and Damsel.

They are irritating to other fish.

:thanks:

Here're a few tricks to catch those fast-swimming fishes:

1. turn off your tank lights suddenly (leaving only a bit of light in the room, enough for you to see the fish) and then swoop the target fish with the net quickly. Fishes are getting blind for a few seconds when the lights go off suddenly B)

2. if the first trick doesn't work, put some clear plastic bags in some areas of the tank where the fish likes to swim. Then turn off the lights suddenly again, the fish will try to run away and hopefully got into one of the plastic bags.

So far I've successfully caught a lot of fishes (including many damn-sels) with these two tricks. Good luck!

• SRC Member
Benz,

Stay at Punggol.

So how are you going to catch it ?

use a micro hook and bait ?

Using two nets... Have caught me tangs this way.... But since you will try to catch it.. I defer to you... :D

Let me know... would also be nice to be able to see yoru tank...