Is 2tubes of T5 Enough?

sunnymau

Hi,

Like mention is another thread, I am helping a friend to setup a nano tank : 90x30x30

Plan to keep only lps and few fishes.

I have no experience in nano, so getting feedback and advise. Will 2 tubes of 39watt HO ATI tubes power by standard retofit be enough for lps?

If yes, what are the recommended combi?

Thanks in advance

I'm assuming when you mentioned 90 x 30 x 30 is in cm? If yes, 2 tubes should be fine, but having a nice tube combo would be a challenge. I would go for 1x ATI Coral+ and 1x ATI Blue+.

Then again, why not consider LEDs instead?

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Yes, in cm. Led will cost alot more compare to changing tubes for his current aquazonic retofit. He is using his planted tank for marine..

With you recommendation for tube combo will look blueish?

Wat about aquablue special + true actinic?

Considering it's only 30cm depth, the T5s should be enough.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Yes, in cm. Led will cost alot more compare to changing tubes for his current aquazonic retofit. He is using his planted tank for marine..

With you recommendation for tube combo will look blueish?
Wat about aquablue special + true actinic?

You will slightly see more colors using Aquablue Special than ATI Coral Plus.

Yes the tank will be blueish with both configuration.

Aesthetically, I prefer tanks closer to natural color rather than blueish tanks. I'll add pink or midday on top off the configuration.

But why stop with LPS, when you can also have SPS :friends: . I manage to grow some with a deeper tank with a lower wattage with T5s. :thumbsup: