Something kill my fish

• SRC Member

It's actually fine bristles on their body getting stuck on your skin which causes irritation

I thought only fireworks do that? They have gigantic bristles and are easy to differentiate from beneficial bristles

• SRC Member
I just realised that the reason why I have never been affected by the worms hair is because I have thicker than normal skin on my hands(due to playing cricket) so it can't penetrate the skin easily. But if what this article says is true(I'm very skepticle about it) we should just leave all the worms in the tank? IMO any worm bigger than preference is a pest to me.

I have took out liverocks before with bare hands and after that, I notice that there is a stinging feeling on one of my fingers. Then i use a magnifying glass and saw about 4-5 transparent needle-like spine in my hand. I suspect the culprit is bristtle worm. Took about half an hour using a tweezer to remove them. Ouch! I have bought a pair of rubber gloves from daiso in case I need to shift the rocks again.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

I have took out liverocks before with bare hands and after that, I notice that there is a stinging feeling on one of my fingers. Then i use a magnifying glass and saw about 4-5 transparent needle-like spine in my hand. I suspect the culprit is bristtle worm. Took about half an hour using a tweezer to remove them. Ouch! I have bought a pair of rubber gloves from daiso in case I need to shift the rocks again.
Do you manage to see how long was the bristle worm? I read the bigger ones will nip you too...

Do you manage to see how long was the bristle worm? I read the bigger ones will nip you too...
Nope, but once in a while i see the worm moving at night and I think is at least 6cm or longer. I saw them attacking my hermit crab before during the night. Cant seem to catch them as they are too fast. My hector goby just recently disappeared for almost a week.

• SRC Member

Nope, but once in a while i see the worm moving at night and I think is at least 6cm or longer. I saw them attacking my hermit crab before during the night. Cant seem to catch them as they are too fast. My hector goby just recently disappeared for almost a week.

they are fast so what I used to do was to take a mysis cube, put it infront of the hole and grab them when they come out to eat. But now I know it's dangerous I will probably use gloves. I think there are some other methods to catch them tho, but I find this the most effective

You better check for any bobbit worm or you may lost LS one follow by another.

• SRC Member

This is the last batch after 24hrs hyper salinity. Ammonia reading 0.25 and look like i had to restart the LR cycle out of tank.

what are those green, and brown things? Never seen them before

• SRC Member

Yeah they are quite cool and are largely unexplored. When I was rescaping my rocks I had to break some to get smaller pieces, I saw tonnes and tonnes of different things living inside. All those hitchhiker guides cover nearly nothing of the stuff which can be found in live rock IMO

Should not be bobbit worm as it was the last fish lost before i remove the LR. The biggest thing pick out from the LR it this worm and it should be the culprit. After deep thought, i should have lost 2 snail, 1 goby, 1 wrasse and maybe 1 colony of zoas.

You better check for any bobbit worm or you may lost LS one follow by another.
Ya, am always keeping a look out for them at night. Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
How to catch Bobbit worm? Any advice?? My LR have 2 to 3 at least..Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Can you try taking out the LR with the worms in it and leave the LR in. QT till they come out? Or try to lure it out with some prawn meat and catch it with some tongs...

Hi bros, what is the salinity when you do hyper salinity dip? Thinking of dipping my LR to remove the worms and pests. My goby I think confirmed gone, not even a single trace of bones left behind.