white color slimy looking things

Hi All,

I'm new to marine fish keeping and my 21/2' tank is abt two weeks old and I notice e above on my suction caps (to hold on the pipes leading to my external filter.

Can anyone know what it is n how to remove or reduce this occurance? My 4x damsels, 2x shrimps, 1x spanish dancer, 1x box fish is so far doing fine.

Thanks in advance.

LoadnReady

30"x18"x18" Tank at 26 Deg avg

Matrix External Filter

-1st layer - filter gauze, active carbon

-2nd&3rd layer - C15 corel chips

Jebo 180 Overhang Skimmer

Fan

3ft 20W Sunlight

3ft 20W Acpinic Blue Light

Submerged Enclosed UV light w filter

Marine Environment Salt

-CO sand n C15 corel chips

Natural Sea Water from CCK marine farm

Seems like you stocked up rather fast...anyway...keep an eye on your spanish dancer..they only slowly starve to death..by which you should remove them before they decompose.

As for the boxfish...keep an eye on it..boxfish don't really tolerate new tank syndrome that well... It's either itch outbreak or toxin release.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Seems like you stocked up rather fast...anyway...keep an eye on your spanish dancer..they only slowly starve to death..by which you should remove them before they decompose.

As for the boxfish...keep an eye on it..boxfish don't really tolerate new tank syndrome that well... It's either itch outbreak or toxin release.

pts noted...Thanks. how to remove e itch outbreak or toxin? any medications to recommend?

You can't dose most medication in reef tanks to combat itch as most of the brands in the market are copper-based. Will be lethal to invertebrates. Best bet is to increase the immune system of the fish by feeding it garlic soaked food. Using that method, all my fishes in my tank are itch resistant, with the exception of one yellow goby that is still recovering from it.

To prevent toxins from killing your livestock, periodic replacement of activated carbon should do the trick.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/