Is this what i thing it is? Should i be extremely concerned now?

dnwolf

Hello fellow reefers ,

My tank is currently 2 weeks old , and is fully cycled thanks to microbacter7 . The parameters are 0 ammonia , 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate and i've just introduced to my tank 2 colonies of mushroom corals , one green star polyp ,one green bubble tipped anemone and 4 hermit crabs . Anyways they are all doing well except the bta(keeps toppling over and its all shrivelled up and deflated) and the gsp (became a purple mat) , maybe some one can give me some advice on them too :D .

However just yesterday night i notice something ... It looked exactly like an aiptasia and it acts like one . Here's the pictures :

WP_20131222_010_zpsc215a155.jpgWP_20131222_009_zps66216025.jpgWP_20131222_007_zps351f0f93.jpg

WP_20131222_004_zps350c8402.jpg

They are really really tiny LOL ...

Oh and can someone help me identify this too ? It came tgther with my mushroom colony :

WP_20131221_005_zpsea4a0285.jpg

I've asked other people from other forums and they said its a xenia XD Is that true?

The one in the last picture is Xenia :)

I will recommend you to get more clean up crew , soon u will have diatom and algae.

As for anemone, it is best for established tank. My previous tank decommed because of anemone ice blended smoothie by my wavemaker :)

[DECOMMEND]

Tank : 24" x 12" x 15" Acrylic Gex Tank

Lightings : Maxspect Razor 120W , Maxspect G2 160W ( Sold )
Skimmer : Red Sea Prizm
Dosing : Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter7,
Brightwell Aquatics Biofuel, Florida Aqua Farms It's Clear,

Florida Aqua Farms Coralline Stimulator.

Wavemaker : Tunze Nanostream 6015

hehe yesh! Its not an aiptasia and i got free xenias! They seem to be spreading really quickly , the xenia ofcz .. Anyone knows how long it would take before reaching full maturity ? Oh and can someone fix my green star polyp problem? All the polyps retracted as soon as i took it out from the water at the lfs , but its not opening at all , still a purple mat ... What should i do lol

You only can wait . I placed them only area with moderate - high lighting area . My GSP - no light , no open .

[DECOMMEND]

Tank : 24" x 12" x 15" Acrylic Gex Tank

Lightings : Maxspect Razor 120W , Maxspect G2 160W ( Sold )
Skimmer : Red Sea Prizm
Dosing : Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter7,
Brightwell Aquatics Biofuel, Florida Aqua Farms It's Clear,

Florida Aqua Farms Coralline Stimulator.

Wavemaker : Tunze Nanostream 6015

The RSM 130 is 35 gallons ( including the filter compartment behind it ) . I've got 3 hermit crab which i purchased from Pasir Ris in my tank now . But i don't think that they are that effective at clearing the diatoms and other algae growth , so someone reccomend me a good algae eater pls!

• 3 weeks later...

There is nothing nowhere that will fully cycle a sterile set-up in two weeks (now four weeks?). There are organisms dying off inside your live rock that will cause spikes of nutrients for the next several months. There is no amount of bacterial additive that can control this die-off. It just happens. Live rock will take months to fully "cure." With the turnover that an LFS has, it's doubtful the die-off is complete in any retail live rock.

BTA is not suitable for a new tank because of the rapidly fluctuating water parameters in the first few months. How is it doing now? Most definitely not happy, and probably has a fungal infection (highly prone). Has your GSP opened up yet? If the purple mat is peeling away and looks dry and hard (not fat and fleshy), then it is dead. The best you can do is frequent, small water changes and hope for the best.

First picture looks like Aiptasia. Does it retreat quickly or rather slowly? Quick is worm, slow is Aiptasia but it depends. The blurred pictures look like it has a mouth so I am thinking Aiptasia. Second picture is definitely Xenia. They will start reproducing under good water conditions.

Dnwolf,

In a number of your photos, the live rocks were covered with masses of purple algae. This should be more of a concern to you than Aiptasia because soon they may envelope everything if your dissolved nutrients are not kept under control.

I do not know about your tank specifications, setup and maintenance eg. size, any sump, what equipment, any skimmer, what are the livestock, water change frequency. But you should start off by changing part of the water and try to put in some phosphate removers eg. Phosban, or setup a phosphate reactor in the long term if you don't already have one.

Do heed the advice of the other helpful bros eg. add clean up crew like Turbo and Nassarius snails, and remove the BTA.

Have fun!

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter