Possible to keep 5-6 false percula clown?

• SRC Member

Get the smaller juvenile should be able to keep together. However, as once a dominant female emerges she may start to bully the others. I had 5 before and they live happily till I introduced a host anemone they started to fight. Ended up only the dominant pair is in the tank. The others are killed or ended up in my refugium. Sigh.

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

• SRC Member

But maybe is my own bad luck because this dominant female is really fierce. She even bite me without fail every single time I clean the aquarium glass. I don't think all females are so aggressive.

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

• SRC Member

Once u introduce an anemone, they will start to fight each other to have the right to live inside. Often, the dominant pair will win & the rest will either die from the fight or suffer. I had experience this a few times. They are better off without anemone, will not fight each other to death. There will still be occasional chasing around without anemone but not to death. I will take that chasing as if they re playing.

• SRC Member

Hi clownfish & reef fish ,Thk for all advise.So I can keep few small clown in a 422 tank size :)

I have a pair of 3inch and 2.5inch black ocellaris. And a smaller pair of 2 inch Picasso in my 322 .The black ocellaris will chase my picassos around. Once I even notice the whole fin of my Picasso inside the oceallaris mouth. And she is like pushing the smaller clown out of the water. Lucky the Picasso manage to free itself. The larger pair stay in the whole front of the tank. But my smaller Picasso pair will just stay in one smaller corner of the tank. Very poor thing.

Oh..so is not a good idea to keep 5-6 clown?
Clowns are agressive towards each other for dominance by nature so it depends on your luck if they are overly agressive till there is is fatality. IMO you should try to introduce a bunch of them into the tank at the same time and choose the clowns which are of the same size. I had 4 clowns living in my 3 1.5 2 tank with one anemone without problem - just that the dominant clown will hog the anemone in the day but all the clowns will hide in the anemone in the night together.

Just make sure your tank is matured enough for anemone. Not recommended for new tank !

[DECOMMEND]

Tank : 24" x 12" x 15" Acrylic Gex Tank

Lightings : Maxspect Razor 120W , Maxspect G2 160W ( Sold )
Skimmer : Red Sea Prizm
Dosing : Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter7,
Brightwell Aquatics Biofuel, Florida Aqua Farms It's Clear,

Florida Aqua Farms Coralline Stimulator.

Wavemaker : Tunze Nanostream 6015

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...